Chapter Ten

Khris' POV

"You bitch. You set that shit up?!" I yelled into the phone. 

"Yupp. How did it go?"

"I swear Marquan I will kill you if you try to hurt my family again." I said to him.

"Bitch that's not even ya real daughter." He said.

"Nigga Ion care. Ima raise her like she is mine. That's none of ya business nigga so stay out of it."

"Well I guess my cousin didn't do the job right."

"That's your cousin? What the fuck?"I hung up and stared at the wall. 

"Who was that?" August asked.

"Marquan. Na'Quan is his cousin. Marquan was the one who sent that thing up."

"What thing?" My father said. I shook my head.

"Nothing daddy. August can I talk to you?" He nodded and we went upstairs to my room.

"What's up?" 

"How the fuck can he do this?" I said,  getting angry all over again. August came over to me and hugged me. I pushed him off of me and went downstairs, with him following me.

"Khris where are you going?" He said, taking my keys from me. I tried to get it back from him but he lifted his arm up so I couldn't reach it.

"That's not funny. Give me my keys." He shook his head and I dug in his pocket for his. I found them and he took them from me again. 

"Tell me where you're going and then I will give you the keys."

"To the store. I'm in the mood for chocolate." I lied to his face.

"Take Annalise with you." He said smiling. Annalise came running in where we were and grabbed my hand. 

"Fine. Give me my keys." He handed them to me and we left, not before we put on shit on. 

Store

"Mommy I want Reese's and M&M's, and Kit Kats." She said as we walked in there.

"Are you going to share with Daddy?" She shook her head and I laughed.

"You can only get two things. Ok?" She nodded and got the M&M'a and Kit Kats. I got a Hersey's, chips and a Mango Arizona. I paid for all of our things and we got back in the car. 

"Mommy?" Annalise called me.

"Yes?" We pulled up to the house since the store is two blocks away and I didn't wanna walk.

"Are you going to be my mommy forever?" I looked at her and smiled.

"Of course. Now  go inside. I'll be back." She got out the car and went into the house. August came out but I pulled off. Now Ima handle Marquan. Bitch ass nigga.

'Ghetto' By Augut started to play and I knew it was him. I answered him.

"What?"

"Where the hell are you going?!" He yelled into the phone.

"Marquan's house. He set this shit up and almost had my daughter killed."

"Khris turn around right now or I swear I'm coming after you." 

"Well I guess you have to come after me."

"Khris no-" I hung up on him. 

I pulled into Marquan's new house that Carmen gave me the address to when we was friends. I grabbed the gun that I always keep my seat and got out the car, making sure it was loaded. I went up to his door but my mouth got covered, I turned around and saw August.