Episode 15: Hash Bash 420

Warning: Cannabis usage is shown in this episode. By no means does this episode encourage individuals to smoke cannabis or force them to support its legalization. Either way, please don't start a political dumpster fire regarding marijuana legalization for those planning to comment on the episode. You've been warned.

~

"Um... Colorado. Where are you taking me?" Vermont meekly spoke while Colorado drove down the highway in the middle of the night.

Colorado chuckled. "Relax, dude. I'm not going to do anything weird to you."

He didn't look convinced. "You say that, yet we're in the middle of some kind of horror movie cliché." He nervously glanced out the dark window.

"If it helps, I have some stash in the glove compartment."

He scowled. "Just because it's legal in my home now doesn't mean I smoke it."

He shrugged. "Whatever. You're still a part of the 420 Club."

"420 Club?"

"Yeah. You're the ninth member. As per tradition, I'm giving you a plaque that recognizes you as a part of our squad."

Vermont gave him a strange look. "Couldn't you shipped it to me? You could've also handed the plaque to me in person back at the house. Also, you hadn't told me where we're going yet."

"Chill with the questions, man. Anyway, we're here."

"We are?" Vermont looked out the window as Colorado parked the track along the side of the road. He frowned. "There's nothing here. Not even a building in the middle of nowhere."

"You're right." Colorado got out of the truck.

Vermont followed him out of the truck to a large mile marker that stood in front of the car. He gave his friend a disapproving look when he realized the purpose of this unexpected road trip. "Please don't tell me what I think you're doing."

"Correction, what we're doing."

"We're not going to steal government property."

"It's just a sign. No big deal." He grabbed the mile marker and pulled it out of the ground without a problem.

"It doesn't even say 420 on there! It's 419.99!"

"Close enough." He handed Vermont the 'plaque'. "Congratulations! You're now a proud member of the 420 Club!"

"Gah!" Vermont dropped the heavy sign.

"Oops!" He laughed. "I keep forgetting you're not as strong as me. Let me help you with that."

He blushed. "W-Well, I'm thankful to be a part of the 420 Club, b-but I think you should put the sign back where it came from. I would hate for us to get in trouble."

Colorado placed the sign in the bed of his pickup truck. "Come on, Vermont. It's not like a lot of people go down this road. I'm sure no one is going to notice."

Loud sirens whirled behind them, followed by flashes of red and blue. "Stop right there! This is the police!" yelled the cop.

"Crap! We gotta get out of here!" He and Vermont rushed back in the truck.

"Wha-What?! Are you crazy?! We can't outrun the cops."

"Do you want to get arrested then?"

"Of course not!"

"Then buckle up and hang on tight." Colorado shifted the truck into drive and slammed his foot on the pedal.

The truck zoomed into the dark distance, leaving the cop car in its dust.