Twenty nine

I was at the shooting range with Alec when a text came through on my phone.

Ezio, meet me at winter park by the cafe tonight at 7:00

I had no idea who the text was off but it made me curious and I mentally agreed to meet the person but I wasn't dumb. I was clearly going to take back up with me. You can't ever be sure about safety.
"Alec what are you doing later?" I asked him
"What do you want me to do nephew?" He asked
"First off don't call me nephew, it's just weird your only a couple years older then me. Secondly you are coming with me...I have business to attend" I told him
"Rodger that...nephew" he smirked
Jerk.

~~

I parked the car at the entrance of winter park. I checked my watch and it was currently dead on 7:00.
I had brought Alec and Marcus with me yet I told them to wait slightly behind me. I wanted to know who was waiting for me first.
I walked through the park towards the small cafe. I could hear Alec talking in the distance behind me. He really didn't know how to be quiet.

Leaning against the small hut was a shadow. A small shadow.

"Ezio?" Came a voice.
"Who might you be?" I asked
He stepped into the light and I could see a young boy.
"I'm Xavier and I need your help" he told me
Who was this boy and what could someone of his age possibly need help with so much that he contacts a mafia boss.
"How old are you boy?" I asked
"I turned 15 yesterday" he stated
Now that I looked at him, his facial features resembles an older boy but he seemed so short and quite skinny.

"What can I do for you?" I questioned.
Alec and Marcus soon joined me most probably realising that the 'person' was just a boy.
"It's more like what I can do for you" Xavier said folding his arms.
He sure has confidence.
"Which is? Tell me what you have to say" I dead panned
"I'm Salvatore's son" he announced
I stiffened immediately
"I know where Kimberly is and I want her to be free" he told me.
"We have a lot to discuss" I told him
I grabbed his arm and began pulling him towards the car.
This kid has one hell of a lot to explain.

~~

"Why are you here Xavier? Is this part of some plan Salvatore has conspired?" I asked
He sat opposite my desk.
"No, my father has held Kimberly captive for so long and she deserves so much more. She is the closest that I've ever had to a mother. She been my only friend over the years" he told me.

Is it bad that I felt a ping of jealousy when he said my mother who has never had to chance to be my mother felt like his mother?

"So why did you betray your father like this?" I asked curious
There was a pause of silence. His face showed pain.
"He hasn't been a good father, he has beaten me and he doesn't always treat Kimberly right" he told me
The last sentence filled me with anger.
How dare he treat my mother wrong.

"Where is she" I demanded

We spent the next two hours discussing exactly where my mother was kept and he told me all about Salvatore security system and pass codes.
I can't believe the way to find my mother was through a 15 year old boy.