Nine

I wrapped up our new born babe in his little warm suit before placing him in his travel seat

I wrapped up our new born babe in his little warm suit before placing him in his travel seat. I carefully walked down the stair holding him steady. I thought of his as so delicate.

Angel was just coming through the door as I was leaving.
"Where are your going?" She asked curious
"Where have you been?" I asked back quickly
"Oh... alright see you later" she walked off
I couldn't help but giggle a little.
I strapped the car seat into the car before driving to the address stefano gave me.
It didn't take long, roughly 15 minutes. I pulled up at a block of the tidy looking flats. The area was quiet and very clean.
I found my way to his door, number 25
Before I could even knock the door opened
"Hello" he greeted me opening the door wider and stepping out of the way
"Hello" I replied
For some un known reason I felt quite nervous
"It's smaller then I would have thought you are used to" I told him trying to lighten the mood.
"It's not to bad, it's comfortable but lonely with out you" he said with a saddened face.
"Ive missed you so much" I told him finally breaking down
"I'm so sorry" he told me pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head on his hard chest. His arms enclosed around my shoulders as I felt his large hands press against my back attempting to bring me closer. I missed this. I missed us.
I felt a light kiss on my hair and the tears began to fall.
"You were dead, I was there. You died right in front of me" I told him. I just couldn't understand.
"I wasn't dead, I just seemed dead. Our gang used to receive... special treatments you could call it. Once we had lost a certain amount of blood the chemical would start to react. It would slow our heart down so much that you couldn't feel the beat. It's a method we use to trick enemies. I thought I was going to die but Marcus saved Me. If he wasn't there then my heart would have eventually stopped" he explained to me.
"That's why he made me leave to fast" I realised
"But why didn't you come back to me straight away?" I questioned
"I had to recover first, I was in medical care for a month. I know that is no excuse but people were also after me, the more people that thought I was dead, the better. I wanted to protect you but I'm so sorry. Once I found out you was pregnant, I needed to see you but it wasn't a good time. Marcus was pretending to be the new leader of my gang but once it came out that you had a son, we had a son... well he's the rightful heir. As soon as he is 18 he would have to have taken over" he explained to me. I stood still trying to process his words. I had never thought about that. My son will one day be the leader of mafia gang. I look down at this tiny baby infront of me and I think about how one day he may have to kill, he will make decisions that effect people's lives.
"Let's tackle that when it comes to it. Let's just stay here for now. In this moment" I tell him.
"Always and forever" he whispers to me.
He then moves his lips to mine, they are just as soft as I remember. I fill with hunger for him as I kiss him back.
I've missed these lips, I've missed his kisses, I've missed everything about him.

***

We lay in his bed, I was wearing one of his shirts which made his scent fill my nose. Our little son was placed in his bare muscular arms just looking up at him. My head was placed on his shoulder as I tickled our sons feet.
"Have you named him yet?" He asked me.
"No, I wanted to wait till you. I wanted to do it together" I admitted.
"Thank you, have you got any ideas?" He smiled at me.
"Well..." I began to laugh "I'm not really good at decisions so I wanted your help"
"Let me think. It needs to be something original yet something that will make people remember him, he doesn't deserve to be forgotten. A name as beautiful as his mum" he whispered
I couldn't help the blush that crept its way up my cheeks. Stefano  was going to be a good father, I'm glad he was here.
"I have it..." he said
"What is it?" I laughed
"How about...."

____________

Hey! I just wanted to say thanks for the votes and comments.

I have a few ideas for the names, I want something that would really suit the character but please comment any name ideas as I would love to know what you think!
Xxx