16 - Hang Out

16 – Hang Out

I have been in my room staring at the ceiling and glance for once in a while at my phone thinking if I should call Alex, and ask him how he's going and/or what his plans are for today. But as much as I wanted to, I just simply can't.

Why? Well, first, we're not a thing. I think. Secondly, I'm scared. Scared that I might fall too hard and hit the ground and then bleed from inside out. I already like him before I even met him, I just don’t want to cause too much damage to myself. Thirdly, It’s in the middle of summer and I knew sooner or later, Alex and the other guys would fly across the continent back to where they belong and I would most definetly be upset or worse, heartbroken.

I tapped my phone countless times, battling myself if I should call him or even text him or I don’t know.

Just one message Rovie. Just one. I sighed heavily and tapped on my phone. Before I could even hit send, Alex’s Richard face popped into my screen.

I immediately sat up and cleared my throat, trying to sound casual. “Hello?”

“Hi Rovie. It’s me.”

“I– I know. What’s up?”

“Well, Roi and I are bored. Aaron and Salve are somewhere only God knows. So I was thinking...” he chuckled, “Is it okay for us to come over?”

“Sure!” I chirped excitedly, realizing I sounded too excited, I then cleared my throat and added, “I mean, no problem.”

“Great! We’re gonna bring some food too. Oh and Roi’s excited to see Sherry.”

“Am not!” Roi exclaimed from the background, I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing. I also heard Alex chuckled, and continued, “Whatever dude! Hey call you later. We need to get ready. See you later.”

“Okay, bye!”

I hurriedly stripped off my clothes and headed to my bathroom. I checked the time, and I didn’t realize it’s already 1:25 in the afternoon. I hadn’t notice I was staring at my phone or the ceiling or anywhere in my room for hours.

I took a quick shower and put on my blue sleeveless shirt and my ripped shorts. I blow-dried my hair and ironed it to place so that it wouldn’t be too obvious that I just had my shower. It only took me less than twenty minutes to do that. Am I really that excited?

I went downstairs and saw Sherry still on the phone with Rain. She glanced at me as she put the phone on her chest and said, “Hey! Salve’s with Aaron at Robinsons.”

“Okay. Anyway, Alex and Roi are coming over.” her eyes snapped widely. She looked not too happy about it.

“What!” she glared at me while, “I’ll call you back baby. Love you.” Sherry took a deep breath and balled her fists. She stayed calm as possible as she could. “Why?”

“Alex says they’re bored.” I replied.

“Well didn’t they plan on where to spend their vacation?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Ugh, why does the monkey looking dude have to come?” She groaned, with annoyance evident on her tone.

“Be nice.” I suggested.

Sherry sighed heavily, “I’ll try, no promises.” she then swiftly went upstairs and slammed the door. I bet someone’s on their period. I ignored the fact that Sherry didn’t help me prepare food. I decided to make pasta because it takes lesser time and the ingredients are already there. I checked if there are still drinks inside the fridge other than cold water, luckily there’s still iced tea sachet. “I should really start shopping for groceries.” I muttered to myself.

I boiled the pasta and mixed prepared the sauce and other toppings. While waiting for it to boil, I took time slicing the hotdogs, and rolling some meatballs then shred some cheese. Afterwards, I made iced tea. It was already in a sachet, all I have to do now is pour it to the pitcher and mix it.

When the pot cover started to shake due to steam, I immediately took the cover and checked if the pasta is soft. I turned off the stove and took out the pasta and transferred it to a huge bowl then poured all the sauce and then the toppings and mixed it.

I tasted my work and it is satisfying and it smells amazing! I got startled when I heard the door slam. Realizing it was Sherry who just got out from the shower.

“Rovie! Have you seen my –” she took my spatula and tasted the pasta I made. “Mmm, yummy.”

“Dude? Can you not– seriously? You just have to?” I watched her eat some more and grimaced. “Did you even had lunch?!”

“Nope. No one cooked.” she simply answered. I snatched the spatula from her and crossed my arms.

“Can you please go change?”

“Fine.” she sprinted upstairs and slammed the door again. That woman.

I checked my phone to know if Alex texted me. But he didn’t. Well, that’s just sad. Realizing, everything is ready and now I just have to wait for them. I slumped in my chair and checked my phone again.

“Don’t you even dare trying not to show up Alex or I’ll–” I muttered while clutching my phone.

“Hey Rovie!”

I shrieked upon hearing a familiar voice. “Crap! You scared me!”

“Sorry, gate was open and your door too.” Alex rubbed both of my deltoids for comfort. I turned to him and smiled. “You know you should at least learn how to lock your doors. You’re all girls here. Some burglar might snuck in.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” he pinched my cheek which made giggle. “Sherry! The guys are in here!”

“Tell me when they’re gone!” she called back.

“Just get your fucking ass down here and be polite!” I snapped.

“Jesus, who are you mother?” she went down the stairs with a towel on her head.

“Hi Sher.” Alex greeted.

“Hey Alex.” She saw Roi, her mood immediately changed. “Sup.”

“Anyway, we also brought pizza. The pasta looks and smells amazing!”

“Are we just gonna stay here? Let’s go somewhere else.”

“Hate to agree but Roi’s right. We should be somewhere else. The guys should enjoy their stay here for a while.”

“So, which place shall we go?” Alex inquired.

I turned to Sherry, “Forest Camp?”

“Too far.” she replied.

Tejeros?”

“Naahhh.” she twitched her lip.

“Then where?!“ I asked a bit annoyed.

“I know! Twin lake!”

Our screen door swung open, revealing Salve with Aaron. “Twin lake? Count us in!”

**

A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys. My draft got deleted :/ Forgive me. This chapter is short but don’t worry the next one will be longer :)

Comment & Vote ;)