10 - Road Trip (Sherry's POV)

10 – Road Trip (Sherry’s POV)

Destination? Back to Dumaguete City.  Dauin was a blast. I admit, I had a lot of fun. And I never wanted to go back there again. Why? Well, first, Rain broke up with me. Second, I got drunk and puked, third that Roi person keeps on pissing me off. I’m not happy about it. But he’s honestly fun to be with. He’s just so… I don’t know? Loud and a lunatic sometimes. And it’s embarrassing being with him because he’s such a weirdo. I glanced at him who was sitting next to me staring at the window with his chin rested on his palm.

I glanced at my rearview mirror, and saw Aaron and Salve awfully quiet which is another weird thing. They’re always sweet and everything. I wonder what happened. As I glanced on my wing mirror, Rovie and Alex, at the back of the truck, they’re pretty much enjoying the heat. Talking and stuff. Alex keeps on standing and dancing. So intentionally hit the brakes, which made him fall. Hehe. Sorry Alex (Sorry not so sorry). Rovie laughed her ass out while Alex was rubbing his head and he flipped the bird which made me chuckle.

It was kind of boring, since it was super silent. The two at the back aren’t talking. Roi and I aren’t okay because of earlier. If only he did the dare. Drinking the pool’s water isn’t bad as toilet water. Ew.

So, I decided to turn on the radio. And way to lighten the room! The song Just A Kiss (cover by Boyce Avenue ft. Megan Nicole) by Lady Antebellum played. So I decided to change the song…

“I know where you hide

Alone in your car

Know all of the things that make you who you are

I know that goodbye means nothing at all

Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls

Tap on my window, knock on my door

I want to make you feel beautiful

I don't mind spending every day

Out on your corner in the pouring rain, oh

Look for the girl with the broken smile

Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

And she will be loved –“

Another song cover by Boyce Avenue! Cool. *sarcasm*

Only to realize it was Rovie’s CD playing, not the radio. Damn it Rovie.

This silence is so deafening, so I decided to talk.

“So…” I can feel their eyes on me. “Umm, let’s play a game?”

“Shut up, Sherry.” Roi said in a flat tone. I gripped my hand on the steering wheel, trying myself not to strangle this weirdo.

I checked my rearview mirror again, Aaron was staring at Salve.

“Umm.” He started. This should be good.

Salve slowly turned her head to look at him. I glanced at Roi who was still looking at the window. I hate it. I hate how much he hates me. Wait? Why did I just say that? Avert your eyes Sherry and keep them on the road.

Okay back to these kiddy love. Haha.

“I’m sorry about earlier, I shouldn’t have done that.” Done what? Done what?!

“I’m not mad about it Aaron.” Salve simply said.

“Then what?” Aaron asked, still looking at her seriously.