01 - Excited? Yeah, Maybe, No. (Alex's POV)

01 – Excited? Yeah, Maybe, No. (Alex's POV)

"Dude? You're spacing out again." Aaron snapped me out. He's my older brother. He's three years older than me. He was busy packing the stuff for our trip to the Philippines. He said it's a good idea for us because it's gonna help me take my mind off of certain things. Roi is pretty excited about it. And now, he's very concerned even more when Daniela and I broke up. I never understand that part. I remembered everything clearly...

~

I was waiting for her at Vin Rouge Restaurant. Everything was so prepared. Now I'm waiting for her to arrive to make everything perfect. It wasn't a special day for us, but I couldn't wait any longer. It has been years for and I. And I think it's finally time to settle down.

I'm at the dining table waiting patiently. She texted me:

'Babe. I'm almost there.'

I didn't really mind if she's late. I understand the personal girl needs.

As soon as she arrives, my friend Burt the one at the reservation list stand, signaled me that she's finally here. Excited as I was, I fixed myself and stood. I saw her walked in with her beautiful black cocktail dress, and her hair was curled at the tips, her make up was light and natural, just the way I wanted. She was wearing a smile. Not too wide. She made her way to our table and hugged me tight and I, as a gentleman offered her seat. She looked so beautiful. Nows the time to make a formal conversation.

'You look so beautiful tonight.' She didn't respond but she smiled at me. There was sudden silence.

'So...' She looked at me. 'I have a surprise.'

'It's not much of a surprise now that you've mention.' She said as she smiled which made me laugh.

Then I signaled Burt to execute the plan.

She stopped eating her salad and looked at me surprised.

'What is this?' she asks. Classic instrument was playing, guys with suit and ties were dancing classically... Here I am standing in front of her, smiling like an idiot, hoping that she would get the idea.

I thought she was gonna be happy about it, but... well? By the looks of it she's not. I'm not sure why though, but that didn't get me. I still continued my plan.

I went to her. And Burt gave me the Tiffany Box I bought and kneeled in front of her. I can see her eyes twinkle, her mouth was slightly open.

'Daniela, you are the apple to my pie, you're the star to my night sky, you brighten me up every single day. I suck in poetry but let me ask you this...' I carefully opened the box and showed it to her. Her hands were slowly covering her mouth. 'Kitty Cat? Will you marry me?'

'Alex... I...' She was stuttering. Then she turned her head away from me. 'I Can't.'

~

"Dude, c'mon!" Aaron whacked my arm but not that hard, snapping me out again. "So she said no, what's the big deal? Maybe she wasn't ready."

"Daniela and I have been together for years. And I still can't believe she said no, and broke up with me." He didn't respond, instead he came to sit beside and gave me a pat on my back. "I don't understand. I tried to ask her why, she just told me It's not you, it's me... and him. Seriously, why? I'm better looking than that, that that dick!"

"Calm down. That's why we're doing this trip so you can forget about her. Just for a month. C'mon don't ruin this." I know he was right. So I nodded, he made a grin. "Good. Now finish packing so we can go."

I stood and went to my closet and search for things to be brought to the Philippines. That place, feels like home. I honestly love that place. It has a lot of tourist spots and everything is cheap.

"Guys! You Guys?! Where are you!!" Roi barged in shouting, he's my best friend since high school. He's pure Filipino and he's super funny. I liked working with him with the videos on Wassabi Productions a lot. But wait, What's his problem now? 

"We're in here!" Aaron called out.

"Oh thank God. You're here." he honestly looked horrible. He was carrying a box of tissue. Such a drama queen. "Monette and I broke up!! Waaaaahh!" He said in his Rolanda Voice. Aaron and I were shocked.

"Dude why?"

"She told me that she found someone better. I mean, why? I always treated her like a queen and everything. Was I not enough? I gave her my time even though we're busy making a video. And, and... that just happened?" He said as he blew his nose to the tissue. "Am I not enough, bros?"

I looked at him. He was serious with Monette, but then she dumped him. When I looked at my best friend, I saw myself.

Sigh.

"Don't worry Roi. This vacation will help. Okay? We promised our fellow Filipino fans that we'll go to their country. And this could be the chance for the both of you to enjoy. And stop thinking about girls. And maybe. Just maybe, you'll also find someone better." Aaron reassured.

"He's right bud." I said. He sniffed and nodded.

"I got my luggage downstairs. What time are we gonna leave anyway?" he asked.

"An hour after." Aaron replied.

"Anyway, did you pick a place to go when we land to the Philippines?" I asked.

"Yep. Dumaguete City, Philippines." Never heard of that place. But it sounds nice. "It's amazing there. The city's not that big and there are a lot of nice spots to tour around."

"Cool." Roi simply said.

"I hope we get to meet pretty girls there." Aaron joked. "Filipino women are beautiful you know."

Then we all laughed.

“Alright? You guys all set?” Aaron asked. I zipped the zipper on my bag for the last time. “Ready.” I finally said.

“Good. To the Philippines we go!” Aaron said excitedly. And we all head out and looked for a taxi and went to the airport.

I hope you’re right big bro. I hope this trip will finally make me and Roi forget about Daniela and Monette.

~

A/N:

So? What'd you guys think? If you have questions, just comment. Don't hesitate. And please vote. Make me a happy potato carrot cow :3