09 - This feeling (Aaron's POV)

09 – This feeling (Aaron’s POV)

“Is it okay to like, you know…?” I scratched my head, because I know this will be beyond awkward. I looked at her; she stared at me with those huge beautiful brown eyes of hers, waiting for my sentence to finish. “…Kiss you?” I finally said.

I examined her expression. She looked surprised but I couldn’t help it. She’s so beautiful. I know she wanted it, as much as I do. My heart was racing, because she just stared at me. I’m not gonna wait for it. Rovie and Alex had their moment, so does Sherry and Roi. So it’s gonna be ours now. I placed my right hand to her left cheek and stroke it gently and pulled her face closer to mine.

That’s when our lips meet.

I started it off gently and slowly. I wrapped my hands around her waist, moving her closer to me. I closed my eyes to feel this little world of ours.

I can feel her hand playing a tug of my hair, and the other to my neck, pulling me to her. I can feel her liking this moment of ours so I deepened the kiss, which turns her on. I don’t want to end this feeling. It’s like I’m falling for her more and more. It’s crazy I know, and to think we just met. And we’ve been trying to get to know each other.

I wanted to be with her. But some things are holding us back, I guess. But the hell I care. What matters this time is the present. The moment I spent with her.

“Hey, are you guys –“Rovie’s voice suddenly appeared in the room. “– ready to… go?” her voice slowly fades in awkwardness. Our eyes both popped. Gosh, way to ruin the moment Jing! We instantly looked at her. Rovie’s eyes widened, her eyebrows rose and jaws dropped. Only to realize that Alex was also in the room, he was also wearing the expression Rovie has. I can tell Salve’s shaking in surprise. “What’s going on here?” she asked again.

“Ummm?” we both said in sync.

“Errr… Nothing.” Salve couldn’t think of anything to remove that look Rovie has. She then turned to me.

“There was something in her eye so I checked it… for her…” I said as I smiled nervously. She was still wearing that awkward look on her face, and slowly nodded in acceptance.

“Uhuh… Okay then. Are you guys ready? Coz we’re gonna go.” Alex butted in.

“Yes, we are.” We finally said and head outside to put our stuff in the truck.

Alex snatched me from Salve and dragged me to an empty room. “What the hell man?” right now I don’t know his expression because I wasn’t looking at him. But by his tone, he sounded a bit angry. “You do realize that we’re gonna leave in three weeks right?”

“What’s wrong with kissing her?”

“There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just – “

He paused a bit and looked around and then to me in a serious look. “What?” I asked impatiently. “Tell me what!”

“You just met! And Aaron please take things slow. Nothing’s wrong with what you feel; it’s just that you’re too fast. And don’t make her expect.”

I was about to protest but he left the room and went out without me. *Sigh* He’s right. But he doesn’t understand. I never felt this way towards a girl before. But still he’s right. I was too fast. Should I apologize to her on what happened?  Or was it awkward?

~

I found Rovie sitting on the hood of the truck and Alex standing in front of her they were laughing and playing charades, which is super weird, meanwhile Salve is leaning by the driver’s door, crossing her arms waiting impatiently.

“Hey? Where are Sherry and Roi?” I asked them but they just exchanged looks.

“BUT WE MADE A DARE DUMBO! JUST DRINK THAT SO WE CAN GET IT OVER WITH!” Sherry’s loud voice was heard from a distance.

“NO!!!” And that was definitely Roi.

“They’re fighting again.” Salve said.

“Why am I not surprised?” Alex said sarcastically.

“Let’s go and find them.” Rovie said.

~

Minutes of searching we found them at the pool arguing. Sherry was carrying a plastic cup and a plastic spoon. While Roi had this paper plate and a drinking straw. We hurriedly ran to them because they were standing at the edge of the pool. Why were they carrying those?

“Hey! What’s going on here?” Salve inquired.

“He wouldn’t do the Dare we made!” Sherry fumed.

“Your dare was beyond gross!!” Roi blurted. These two? I don’t know where to start. They’re such a pain in the ass, both acts so immature.

 “Alright! Enough!” Rovie snapped. “Seriously? Again? You’ve been arguing with each other for two days just for these lame reasons!” everyone went silent as we looked at her. I never occurred she looks kinda scary when she’s angry. Or maybe it’s her days.

Focus Aaron. I have to break this awkward silence. I can hear Sherry and Roi mumbling.  “Shut up. Let’s go home. Now.” I said as I took a glance at Salve who wasn’t saying any word to me.

*Sigh*

~