Chapter 5

It's too late

Pagkabukas ng elevator ay dali dali akong lumabas nang building. Nag abang ako ng taxi ngunit patuloy pa rin ang aking pagiyak. Hindi ko akalaing hindi pala totoo ang pagmamahal ni Hunter sa akin.

Bigla ko naman naramdaman ang pagsakit ng aking dibdib. Kumpara kanina ay mas masakit ito dahil siguro nadagdagan ang sakit nito sa aking nalaman kanina.

Napatumba ako sa sahig. Habang tumatagal ay lumalalim ang aking paghinga dahil naninikip ang aking dibdib.

"Jayne!"

Nang bigla kong naramdaman ang papalapit na presensya ni Hunter sa aking likuran. Ayokong maabutan nya ako kung kaya't tumakbo ako sa kalsada. Masakit pa rin ang aking puso. Ngunit kinaya kong tumakbo patungo sa kung saan. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako patungo ngunit hindi ko hahayaang maabutan ako ni Hunter. Ngunit dahil sa sobrang sakit ng aking puso. Ay napatigil ako at napatumba ako sa sahig.

Hindi ko na namamalayan ang mga nangyayari sa paligid ngunit nakakarinig ako ng mga sigawan ng tao. Narinig ko din ang pagtawag sa akin ni Hunter ngunit hindi pinansin.

Maya-maya pa ay naramdaman ko na lang ang aking sarili na tumilapon. Hindi ko na naiintindihan ang mga nangyayari sa paligid dahil unti-unti nang naghihina ang aking katawan.

"Jayne! Jayne!"

Hanggang sa unti-unti ng nilalamon ng dilim ang aking sarili.

***

Hunter's POV

Shit! This is all my fault! I should not let myself be carried away by that Yara. F*ck that Yara! I am peacefully working in my office when she came and there she keeps on talking endlessly and having nonsense dramas in front of me. She wants me back. She's my ex. A crazy ex-girlfriend and I hate her. I really do.

But, the f*ck, she kissed me and I am totally a jerk for responsing to it. I haven't totally change.

I feel like my whole world destroyed when I realized that Jayne witnessed my stupidity. And d@mn! That was the most regretful mistake I had ever did. Because of that mistake. Jayne was hit by a car.

She is now in a critical conditon, and I swear, I will kill myself if something bad happens to her. F*ck the driver of that car. He or she just ran after what happened to Jayne.

And as what Yara just told Jayne. Yes it's true. But it is one year already after the last time we met. I admit that I feel pity for Jayne so I have to let myself and her to believe that I love her. But as the time pass by, being with her are the most treasured moments of my life.

I have learned to love her and I would never ever stop loving her. I regret of what I did.

If she won't ever forgive me, then I'll accept it but please. She needs to be safe all the time. I want to see her smile again.

But how will I be able to do it? Right now is a different situation and f*ck. Hope is killing me slowly.

I can't stand myself seeing her in this state. That doctors are all in their best to revive Jayne.

Lirius Jayne, the one I love the most, is now full of blood and I can see that its really hard for her to breath. Seeing her in that state is killing me fast.  God, I know I am a sinful human being but please, Jayne is a different one and don't get her from me. I have still many things to say and to do with her. Please, just this one please.

Suddenly, I noticed that all the doctors became different.

One of the doctor look at his watch and what he said makes my world stopped.

"Time of Death. 5:45 pm."

I can't move because of what I have heard. The words of the doctor are like swords. It is like hitting my heart again and again. I tried to sink in what he said.

Time of Death. 5:45 pm.

Who died? Who died?

I remained speechless. I remain my eyes to my wife. My sleeping wife who was lying in the hospital bed. With blood in her yellow dress. She looks like a sleeping beauty but she seems so tired.

"W-Who d-died?" That was the words came out from my mouth.

"I'm sorry! But the patient did not make it. Her heart is weak and due to the accident she has involved. She had a hard time in surviving."

Her heart is weak? The f*ck! What kind of a husband doesn't know the condition of his wife.

"T-tell me. M-my wife is still breathing right? She was not the one your talking about right? Who just died??" I told them as my tears slowly flow from my eyes. No! It can't be happening. My wife won't leave me.

I still have many things to do with her. I still have to explain to her. Someone tell me, this is just a dream.

"Sorry, Sir. Your wife didn't make it."

And with that, I ran quickly to where my wife is lying. I hugged her lifeless body with full of blood and release my tears there. 

I looked at her face. Her angelic face that made me fall for her.

"M-my wife. J-jane. Y-you won't gonna leave me right? You are just sleeping right. Come on, baby, wake up..."

"Im sorry of what you just heard earlier. But Lirius Jayne I will tell you. I really do love you. I really really do. Let me explain my side to you. Hear me please. Wake up there. Please, jane. Please."

"I love you. Lirius Jayne, please! Don't leave me! I love you."

And there I cried in front of her sleeping face. This is my wife. And she just .... I just can't accept what happen to her. No! It can't be.

I want to see her smile again. I want to say sorry to her. I want to tell her how much I love her. I want her to hear out my side. I want to take care of her. I want to protect her. I want to kiss her. I want to hug her tightly and feel the warmth of her love.

But d@mn! How will I be able to do it now? I'm too late. It's too late.