Chapter 22

I pulled up to the bar Heidi and her band was playing at. Music was blasting from inside but not just any music, Decode just started playing.

“Let’s fuck shit up!” Dahvie said and ran inside. All of us followed him. I saw Heidi singing with her band and people were dancing and my mood just sky rocketed. I walked to the side stage.

“Excuse me can I have a mic?” I asked.

“Holy shit you’re Leslie Wright!” some guy said handing me a mic.

“I am and thank you.” I replied. I walked on stage as Heidi sang the chorus for the first time. This was an all-girl band. Sweet. Heidi saw me and almost squealed. I sang the second verse.

“The truth is hiding in your eyes, and it’s hanging on your tongue, just boiling in my blood. But you think that I can’t see, what kind of man that you are, if you’re a man at all. Well, I will figure this one out, on my own, on my own.” I sang. The crowd cheered.

“How did we get here? I used to know you so well! How did we get here? Well, I think I know.” –both of us

“Do you see what we’ve done? We’re gonna make such fools of ourselves.” - Heidi

“Do you see what we’ve done? We’re gonna make such fools of ourselves. Yeah! Yeah!” -me

“How did we get here? I used to know you so well! How did we get here? I used to know you so well!” –both of us

“I think I know. I think I know. There is something, I see in you. It might kill me,” I walked up to her and put an arm around her shoulders.

“I wanted to true.” We sang. Talent runs in the family. We hugged as the music ended.

“Are you not going to warped?” Heidi asked.

“Not for a couple weeks, I have to record with Dahvie and Jayy.” I replied looking over at the spot. Jayy was gone but Dahvie and Sally were there.

“How did you know—Cheri.” She said. I nodded.

“I’ll let you guys play, I need to talk to Jayy.” I said. Heidi nodded and hugged me again.

“Give it up for Leslie Wright!” Heidi announced. The crowd cheered as I walked off. Dahvie and Sally were waiting for me at the bar.

“Do you guys know where Jayy went? I need to talk to him.” I said.

“I saw him go outside. I think he’s smoking.” Dahvie replied.

“Are you sure you want to talk to him?” Sally asked.

“He’s my boyfriend, I am going to talk to him.” I replied.

“Good luck.” They replied holding up their beers to me. I chuckled and went outside. I didn’t see Jayy right outside to I decided to walk around. I noticed a small light coming from an alley. That must be his cell phone light. I walked over there and almost collapsed. Jayy was making out with a guy. But it just wasn’t any guy; it was his ex-boyfriend who had broken his heart a while back. It…..how….what…..why? As you should have guessed, I was bawling. I ran back into the bar and to Dahvie and Sally.

“Leslie what’s wrong?” Sally asked.

“Jayy…..ex….alley….” was all I got out before I collapsed on Dahvie. I was shaking uncontrollably now. I wasn’t over reacting…..he doesn’t love me. But I love him so much……what am I going to do without him? Why Jayy?

“Do they have a dressing room?” Sally asked. I nodded. This is where The Access started. We had performed here. I just sobbed into Dahvie’s shirt as he carried me to I’m assuming the dressing rooms. Dahvie laid me down on the couch and Sally squatted in front of me.

“Leslie, tell us what happened.” I managed to stop sobbing for a little bit to tell them.

“I was t-trying to f-find Jayy and I s-saw his phone light in an a-alley. I walked over there and I s-saw him m-making out with his ex.” I said then started sobbing all over again.

“I’m going to kill him!” Dahvie growled and left the room. Heidi came in right after in a panic.

“What’s wrong lesbug?” she asked.

“She saw Jayy making out with his ex.” Sally replied which again made me sob even harder than before. I’m starting to get a headache from sobbing so hard.

“JAYY! DON’T YOU DARE GO IN THERE!” I heard Dahvie yelled. The door flung open once again and Jayy stepped through.

“Leslie, i-it’s not what you—“ I held a hand for him to stop. I got up and glared at him. All the sadness had turned into pure rage.

“This past month, you have been ignoring me, you have been acting as if we weren’t even a couple—“

“Leslie I-“

“Don’t interrupt me!” I yelled. He fell silent.

“I thought I did something, I thought I did something to make you fall out of love with me. I have been in a living hell trying to figure out what I have done. I’ve been having mental breakdowns, I’ve been trying to stay intact for the fans, I even did a whole album while being in the worst shape possible because I thought I did something wrong. And all along it’s been YOU! You and Dahvie are lucky that I already recorded my parts in your songs cause I don’t want to see you and your fuckin face EVER AGAIN! I thought you were different, but I was wrong. You are a fuckin piece of shit Jayy Von Monroe. If you don’t leave in 10 fuckin seconds I will personally take your remains and drain them down the sewer.” I said. He was crying by the time I was done and walked out of the room, taking time to slam the door. Once he was gone I collapsed in Dahvie’s arms. Just then I realized how much Decode applied to my life right now.