Ten

Ten

I took the time to try and call Tina again that night.

The phone started ringing; the bland noise replaying over and over again in my ears, until her cheerful recorded voice played over the answering machine.

"Hey there! You've reached Tina. Sorry I can't get to the phone right now, but I'll call you whenever that happens to be possible. Kisses!"

The line went dead and the beep for me to record a message went off.

I said nothing and hungup the phone; tossing it to the other side of the room.

"Would you rather... Make out with me, right now. Or..."

Steven paused, scratching the bottom of his chin with the hand that wasn't wrapped up around my shoulders.

"Get stuck in that Portable Toilet with a squirrel."

I rolled my eyes and leaned in enough that my eyes were at level with his. Our eyes lingered together for a second before I leaned in and started kissing him. His lips tasted like peppermint and I pressed my lips harder into his.

Pulling away from his lips, my lips formed into a playful smile.

"I hope that answers your question."

"Most definitely."

Laying my head down on Steven's shoulder, I smiled and closed my eyes.

He had rerally started trying his hardest after our fight a few weeks ago. There had been no more questions about when or where the time would come for the both of us. I was happy, I had made the right choice and hadn't cut him out of my life before I could learn his true intensions.

"Your hair is so soft but your head is really heavy. Would you mind-"

He laughed and gently lifted my head from his shoulder.