Chapter Sixteen

**Meg’s POV**

We waited for about an hour, and eventually we found a deck of cards and started to play go fish. We played and chatted aimlessly, smiling and laughing as I won every round.

After another twenty minutes passed, someone knocked on the door. “Who is it?” I called with a smile. The door opened and Niall rushed in. He found me and smiled widely.

He sat on the floor next to me and hugged me tightly. I laughed, hugging him back. He didn’t seem to want to let go any time soon so I shifted so I was in his lap, facing him with my legs around him. I rested my head on his shoulder and saw the door open.

"Kate, want to get something to eat with us?" Liam asked. I smiled at him and he winked in return. Kate jumped up and looked at me. I nodded and she ran out excitedly with Liam.

"I missed you," Niall said softly. I hugged him tighter. "I missed you, too." I told him.

"I thought I was never going to see you again." He whispered, hiding his face in my neck. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I’m here now," I said. He nodded and pressed a kiss to my neck.

"What do you want to do?" I asked when he lifted his head from my neck. He smirked and leaned his forehead against mine. He pecked my lips and smiled. I returned the smile and put my hand on the back of his neck. I pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him.

And, damn. That was one perfect kiss.

*~*~*~*

Soon after we went back to his hotel room. We sat on his bed in each others arms and talked about our lives. While I worked and tried to avoid my family, Niall worked and tried his hardest to see his.

"I miss them. I was gonna go see them tomorrow but,…" He trailed off and smiled at me. I frowned at him. "Oh, no. I’m not taking away Maura’s time to see you." I said, shaking my head. I detached my arms from him and crossed them over my chest.

"What? Come on, I just want to spend time with you." He said, frowning at me. I sighed and shook my head. "You’re going." I told him sternly.

"Then you’re coming." He said, smiling and pulling me back onto his lap. "Compromise." He said, kissing my cheek. I smiled widely and laughed.

"Fine, now stop kissing me. For just one second?" I asked, pushing his face away from me. "NEVER!" He yelled, rolling me over and pressing his lips to mine. I gave in quickly.

That night I fell asleep on Niall.

*~*~*~*

"Shit," I said when I was woken up by hustling in the room. I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see that it wasn’t a dream. I smiled and looked over at the boy in the room. Niall stood by a suitcase, shirtless in a pair of jeans. Shuffling through for a shirt.

I watched for a few seconds and smiled. “Like the view?” Niall asked, turning his head to look at me. I blushed and smiled, nodding. He chuckled, continuing to look for a shirt.

"This one?" Niall asked, holding up a shirt. He threw it on the bed. "Or this one?" He asked. I looked at the first one, a basic blue polo, and the second one, a white muscle shirt.

"Go with the polo." I said with a smile. He nodded, pulling it on and coming over to me. He kissed my forehead and encouraged me to go get ready. We have a long day ahead of us.

I headed back to my room and saw Liam and Kate asleep on the floor, in a pile of blankets. I smiled, I’d have to thank him later. I went to my suitcase and pulled out the only dress I packed. It was a blue, white and yellow dress that fell at the knee. I wore a pair of white wedges with it, glad that I packed them. I’m not too crazy about heels, but wedges are easy. I put on a gold headband and grabbed my sunglasses. I kissed Kate’s head before leaving the room and heading back to Niall’s.

He let me in and I sat on the bed. I brushed through my hair with my fingers and braided it off to the side. “Ready?” He asked. I nodded and got up. Niall looked me up and down and smiled. He kissed me and I smiled. “Hah, I’m as tall as you are now,” I said, sticking my tongue out at him and leaving the room ahead of him. He smiled and grabbed my hips. He kissed the back of my neck. “I can wear heels too, you know.” He said, getting up on his tippy toes. I laughed, rolling my eyes at him.

"Where are you love birds off to?" Louis’ recognizable voice called. I looked over and smiled. "We’re visiting family today," I told him. He nodded with a smile.

"I’ll take Kate today," He said happily. I thanked him with a wave as Niall dragged me away.

He nodded and smiled as we left the building. Niall held me close as a few members of the security team started to part way for us to get to Niall’s car. I looked up at Niall and he smiled, pecking my lips quickly. “We’ll be fine.” He said. I nodded and took a deep breath. I stepped away from Niall and out the doors. Niall followed close behind me, a hand on my hip as we walked.

Fans sreamed, trying to grab Niall and I. I tuned them out and walked faster. We got into the car unscathed. I sat down and took a deep breath. “Meg,” Niall said. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

He smiled. “You’re okay,” He said, grabbing my arms. I nodded and felt the car jolt as it started to move. “We’ve both fine. Look,” He said, gesturing to himself. I took a deep breath and leaned my head back.

"I’ll never get used to that." I said. Niall scooted closer to me and wrapped an arm around me. "Trust me, you will." He said, kissing the side of my head. "God, Niall. No! I won’t! This isn’t what I want. I want to live in a small town and have a family with a loving husband who doesn’t have millions of fans that want to kill me. I want to be in a relationship where I can see my boyfriend more than once every three months. Niall… You want this. I know you do. I just… I don’t. I want you, but… all this is too much for me." I told him. He frowned and hunched over, looking defeated.

"But… I’m willing to try and get used to it." I said, watching him. "These few months away from you were hell. And I don’t want to go through that again, unless I absolutely have to." I said. I looked up at him and smiled slightly. He smiled widely and kissed me passionately.

"Be my girlfriend." He said, smiling. I nodded and kissed him. "Thank you." He said happily. I nodded.

"Oh," I said with a smile. "Happy birthday." I said and kissed him lightly. "Best birthday ever." He said, very obviously excited. I laughed, rolling my eyes. I was about to say something when the car stopped and we were here.

*~*~*~*