Chapter Two

**Meghan’s POV**

I trudged down the stairs at the time my aunt told me to. Seven o’clock. I didn’t get much sleep last night, but I slept through a lot of the day. I blamed the time difference, but I’d sleep through any time of day.

I walked into the kitchen, stealing a pretzel and smiling at my little cousin. “You like the Beatles?” He asked, eyeing my tee shirt. I shrugged, nodding.

"Yeah, who doesn’t?" I asked. He smiled. I quickly gave my outfil a once over. Plain Beatles tee shirt, white shorts, black converse, black bracelet. Eyeliner and mascara. I wanted to make an impression on these new people, but not a bad one. I want to show who I am, which is just a laid back teenage girl.

I took another pretzel as Linda walked into the room, smiling at me. She was about to say something when the door bell rang. “Would you get that? I need to check on Jim and the grill,” She said. I nodded, swallowing a lump in my throat as I headed to the door.

I pulled it open and smiled at the family at the door. “You must be Meghan!” A woman in her late forties said, hugging me tightly. “Hi,” I said shyly, smiling.

"I’m Nancy," she said then gestured to her husband. "This is Bill, and these are our kids Ally and Julie." She said. I noticed two girls behind them, both in mini skirts with a ton of make-up on their faces. "Hi," I said, waving a bit as I moved to let them in.

The two girls walked in, whispering. One looked up at me, then the other. I blushed, smiling awkwardly. They both turned away with a roll of their eyes, rushing off.

I guess girls in Ireland are exactly like girls in America.

I sighed, closing the door and heading out back with everyone. “The Horan’s are here, Meg, sweetie, would you let them in?” Linda asked after twenty minutes. I went to open the door every time people came, and they all greeted me the same way: with a hug, then their kids either awkwardly waving at me or scoffing at the way I look.

I nodded, holding back my sigh until I got inside the house. I walked through the familiar path, getting to the front door and opening it up.

"Meghan, right?" A shorter woman said, smiling at me. I nodded, smiling tightly. "I’m Maura," She said, walking into the house. Two guys followed her. "This is Greg, my oldest son, and Niall." She introduced before she left for the back yard.

I nodded, smiling briefly at them before closing the door and heading towards the back yard again. “Wait, I didn’t catch yer name,” the blonde one said. I have no idea if he’s Greg or Niall. “Meg,” I told him. He nodded, holding his hand out. In his other hand he held plastic tuppa-wear. The brown haired one had already gone out back and was seated with some other girls. The make-up faced ones and a few others.

"Niall," He said as I reached out to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you," I said, walking out through the back door and sitting next to Mike. He was seated with the bowl of pretzels in his lap.

"See, you’re smart. You got the pretzels, all the girls will be all over you." I told him, chuckling as I took one. He flashed me a smile, before looking out into the group of people. I did so as well, noticing Niall had joined his brother. Girls were all over him, but he looked bored. I watched him closely, I know him from somewhere. But where?

I shook my head, accepting a hot dog from Jim with a smile. “Mind if I sit with you?” A thick voice asked. I turned and saw Niall standing with a plate full of food and a smile on his face.

"Go ahead," I said, making some room for him on the small bench. Mike sat on the other side of me and leaned around me to look at Niall. His mouth formed an O.