Chapter Three

**Meghan’s POV**

"HERE!" Mike shouted, running up the steps to the Horan household. I hope. I followed behind him, putting my hands on his shoulders to stop him from jumping as he waited for someone to answer the door.

Niall answered, his hair perfectly styled up, wearing a polo shirt and a pair of khakis. I smiled at him as he invited us in.

"Mum! Meg and Mike are here!" He called as he led us through the house and to the living room. Mike and him sat down on the couch, discussing whatever and I walked around, looking at all the pictures.

I was walking along the fireplace and came across something quite… odd. “What’s this?” I asked, not touching it, but looking at it. It looked to be an award? But I’ve never heard of it, it’s red, white and blue, and is a man standing with his hands interlocked. It says “BRIT” on it.

"Oh, um…." Niall said, standing up and crossing the room to where I was. "It’s a replica of a BRIT," He said with a small smile. I nodded, deciding not to question why the hell he’d have a replica of a ‘BRIT’ in his living room and moved on.

I came across a picture of five guys, all smiling. One was Niall. “Are these your friends?” I asked, smiling at the picture. “Yeah,” Niall said, handing a pile of papers to Mike. He put them in his backpack excitedly, smiling widely.

He walked over to me and pointed each one out. Harry, Louis, Liam and Zayn. I smiled, seeing how happy they were. “They seem cool, you guys must be close.” I said, looking up at him. He nodded before turning away from it.

"Let me walk you guys home," Niall said with a smile, putting on a pair of Supra’s. "You don’t have to," I said, smiling nervously. He rolled his eyes at me and nodded.

"Mum’ll have a stroke if I don’t," He told me, standing up. "Let’s go," He said, opening the door and letting us out.

We walked in almost silence as Mike skipped and ran. “How long are you here for?” Niall asked, looking up at me as we walked. I smiled and shrugged.

"Six months? Maybe less, maybe more. I’m not going off to college until next year, so I have all the time in the world." I said. He nodded, looking straight ahead for a little bit.

"Want to go out sometime?" He asked, looking at me again. I looked at him, my eyes wide. My jaw almost dropped but I managed to keep some of my cool. "Like…. as friends or…?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Um, if you want, yeah," He said. I nodded, looking down at my feet. "Yeah, sounds fun." I said, smiling at him. He just wants to hang out, don’t be silly Meg. He doesn’t want to go out with you, just hang out. He sees you as a friend.

"Or… maybe, uh like a date if you want too?" He offered, his neck flushing red. My eyes almost bugged out of my head.

It’s my third day here and a guy is already asking me out. Holy shit.

I smiled widely, nodding. “I would love that,” I said. He walked us up to our door with a smile.

"Oh! I have your sweater," I said when I opened the door. He nodded and followed me in.

"Linda, we’re back!" I called into the house. "Meg! How was it!?" She asked, bounding into the room. Her eyes fell on Niall and she smiled widely.

"Hello, Niall," She said with a coy smile. "Hi, Mrs. O’Connell," Niall replied politely. "Please! Call me Linda," She said, smiling before heading out of the room.

"Come on, it’s up in my room." I said, heading up the stairs. I heard him follow me and fought the urge to smile. He actually does like me? “Here,” I said, taking the sweater off from my computer chair and handing it over to him. He smiled and let it drape over his arm. He looked around my room, walking as he studied the posters and pictures handing on the walls.

"Who’s this?" Niall asked, pointing to a picture of me with my best friend, Poppy.

"Poppy, she’s my best friend. She’s in America…" I trailed off, frowning a bit. We haven’t been able to talk a lot due to the time difference, but we tried. We planned to skype tonight. "I’m sorry," He said, moving on in the pictures. "The lads all live in England, different parts. I don’t see them often either," He told me. I nodded, sitting down on my bed.

"Niall, dear," Linda said as she opened the door. "You’re staying for dinner?" She asked. Niall checked the time and shook his head. "Can’t, family dinner, but thanks for the offer M- Linda, maybe another time." He said. Linda nodded before leaving.

"I should get going… um, could I get your number? So I can tell you the date details?" He asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket. I nodded, pulling my crappy flip phone out and swapping with Niall. I wasn’t entirely sure how to work his iPhone, but I eventually got my number in.

"I’ll text you?" He offered as he headed towards the door. I nodded, smiling as he left. I heard the front door close and flopped onto my bed, squealing in excitement.

"LINDA!" I called, running out of the room and down the stairs.

"HE ASKED ME OUT! HE ASKED ME OUT!" I cheered, jumping in the kitchen with her. "I knew it!!!" She yelled happily, grabbing my hands and starting to do a little dance. I laughed, smiling widely.

"I need to tell Pop! I’ll see you at dinner!" I said, rushing out of the room and to my laptop where I quickly skyped Em, who was out of school already.

"POP!" I yelled happily, smiling widely. "Did you get laid or something?" She asked, eyeing me weirdly.

"No, but I’m going on a date tomorrow," I told her. She squealed, getting off her bed and dancing around the screen. I laughed, smiling widely as she sat back down. Her blonde hair was now everywhere, her blue eyes sparkling.

"Who with?" She asked. I smiled widely. "This guy Niall, he lives down the street." I told her. We talked for a few hours before I was called down to dinner.

I went down with a huge smile on my face that didn’t go away. Even when I went to bed.

*~*~*~*