Chapter Ten

**Meghan’s POV**

"Okay, let’s get the questions out." I said, sitting down on Niall’s bed, pushing myself against his headrest and folding my arms over my chest. The five guys stared at me, three of them glaring. Liam smiled at me, as did Niall.

"Why are you here?" The curly haired one asked - Harry, I think. "Because I realized I was just over exaggerating a bit." I said flatly, turning to the other two guys.

They asked me a few more questions before deeming me “alright” in Zayn’s words. Louis joined me on the bed, smiling widely and wrapping an arm around me shoulders. “Hi,” He said, smiling widely.

I chuckled, giving him a nod.

"Okay, so how do I do this whole ‘in the lime light’ thing?" I asked, biting my lip. Niall chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"You think we know?" He asked. I sighed, letting my head fall onto Lou’s shoulder. I pouted at them.

"Can I just ask them to stop bothering me?" I asked, smiling at the thought. "Oh, no," Harry said, shaking his head. "That’ll make things worse."

I sighed again. “So…” I said, thinking a bit. “I just go with the flow?” I asked nervously. “Pretty much!” Louis said, smiling widely. I eyed him weirdly. “Okay,” I said flatly, closing my eyes.

"This might be a bit… difficult, but I’ll do it." I said with a small smile. "I’ve known Niall for longer than you guys, and I guess I like Niall so you guys must be alright." I said, looking at them all.

"You guess you like Niall.” Harry repeated, chuckling and nudging Niall. “Better than a week ago!” He exclaimed happily. I blushed, laughing awkwardly. Niall nodded and smiled. “I’ll take what I can get,” He said. I laughed, rolling my eyes at him.

"So, what else is there to do around here? Besides ice cream?" I asked, realizing that I haven’t really looked around.

"Nothing," Zayn said, smirking a bit. "We mostly practice and smoke," He said, shrugging. I scrunched up my nose at the word. I’ve smoked before, and hated it.

"If you don’t like it we don’t have to do the smoking part," Harry said, shrugging. He smiled at me and I nodded, smiling at him. "Thanks," I replied.

"Can you sing?" Lou asked from next to me, smiling nicely now. I shook my head. "Oh, no. I’m practially tone deaf." I said, laughing a bit.

"Perfect! Get the game!" Liam said happily, getting excited. I laughed as I saw them pull out a singing game and set it up on Niall’s wii.

"Oh God," I said when I looked through the songs. "This is going to be awful." I said, shaking my head. "You guys aren’t allowed to sing your songs!" I said, turning to them. They all groaned and I smiled victoriously.

"Hmm…" I said, scrolling through. "I’m not singing alone, am I?" I asked, biting my lip. "Not if you don’t want to," Niall said, standing and grabbing another mic, sitting down next to me.

"Duet time!" He said happily, taking the controller from me and scrolling to a song. "Rhythem of Love?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him. He nodded happily. We started the song and I sang quietly, not comfortable with all of the boys to really sing yet. We finished the song and Harry and Liam took the mics from us. I sat behind them with Niall, sighing as I listened to their voiced harmonize together and smiled.

"You guys have really nice voices," I hummed with a smile. "You guys are practically putting me to sleep," I said, laughing a bit and closing my eyes. I changed my position so I was laying with my head in Niall’s lap. I opened my eyes to see Zayn and Louis take the mics and choose a cheesy love song.

I laughed as they serenaded each other, until half way through the song they both turned to me and sang to me. I blushed and laughed it off.

I took a picture of Niall and Harry singing. They were holding each other, singing loudly and looking “lovingly” into each others eyes. I posted the picture to twitter, tagging them in it.

"@MeghanOConnell: Love birds! :) @NiallOfficial @HarryStyles" I attached the picture and then showed Louis, giggling as he started to laugh. I showed Zayn and Liam, laughing louder now. Niall and Harry came over, looking at my phone and laughing, smiling widely.

"So cute!" I said, reaching up to pinch their cheeks. They both backed up, glaring playfully. 

"I should probably head home," I said after a few hours. I sighed, standing up and stretching a bit. "I’ll walk you," Niall said with a smile, standing as well.

"Have fun!" Louis called happily. "But not too much fun!" I heard Harry yell as we closed the door to Niall’s room. I blushed, laughing it off and heading down the hall towards the front door.

"Did you have fun?" Niall asked. I nodded, smiling at him. "I love the guys, you guys are my new best friends forever." I said matter-of-factly. I kicked a pebble, watching it dance along the concrete and sighed happily.

"You know, if you hurt me again," I said, pausing for dramatic effect. "I’m going to have to kill you." I said. He laughed, and nodded. "Oh, but of course!" He exclaimed. I smiled widely, looking back down at my feet. 

"I’ll see you later, Ni." I said when we reached the sidewalk outside of my house. He nodded and watched as I walked away. "Where’s your aunt and uncle?" He asked after a few seconds. I looked to the driveway to see that the car was gone.

"Oh, they took Mike to this thing for the night and won’t be back until late tomorrow," I said, remembering them making sure I’d be fine on my own. Niall walked up to me, causing me to stop on the step and just look at him.

"Yes, Niall?" I asked, smirking at him. He was a bit too close for my liking, but it’s alright. He smiled at me and put his hands on my hips. I went to back up but his grip got tighter.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked. I sighed, looking down and stepping away from him. "No, Niall. I’m sorry, it’s just that… you’ve hurt me, and I don’t think I can see you in that way now?" I questioned, not even that sure of it myself. "I just… I need some time. I know that I can try to be friends with you, but I don’t think that we’d be a good couple, you know? I don’t think we’d work that way," I said, starting to just say everything on my mind.

"I’m so sorry, because I like you, I really do, I just… I don’t know, I just feel like maybe you don’t like me the way you might think? It just seems like we want different things…" I trailed off, closing my eyes. I opened them to see Niall standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets, his face contorted into one filled with pain.

"I’m sorry," I whispered, watching him. He nodded, letting out a sigh. "No, it’s all right. Just something I’m not used to." He said, chuckling a bit. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at me. "Can we still be friends?" I asked nervously, watching him. He nodded immediately, reaching forward and giving me a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder, sighing before pulling away from him.

"I’ll talk to you later," I said, turning and quickly walking into my house.

Well, that was awkward.

*~*~*~*