Chapter Six

**Niall’s POV**

Okay, so maybe I lied a little. Maybe I wouldn’t tell her unless she came up to me and asked if I was in an internationally famous boy band.

But it’s not that bad, right? I mean, sure it’s part of who I am, but it’s not a very large part. I’m more the goofy, hungry guy she already knows than I am a famous pop star.

Or that’s what I kept trying to tell myself.

For the next week, every time I saw Meg I felt guilty. I wanted to tell her, but I didn’t know how. I had to leave, we’re all going to visit Harry’s family for a bit, and I still haven’t told her. Just that I’m heading to England. She told me she’d Skype me.

I was on the plane when I realized that she could find out while I’m gone. She could find out, and I’d come home and she wouldn’t talk to me.

I turned to my right and saw Harry sleeping, past him was Zayn. Also sleeping. Next was Louis who was listening to music, and then Liam… sleeping.

"Lou," I said, trying to get his attention while not waking up the others. I sighed and pulled out my phone, texting him to come with me to sit somewhere where we could talk about something.

He looked up at me after a few minutes, making a face at me before we both got up and took two empty seats next to each other.

"What’s the problem?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the seat. I sighed.

"I need to tell Meg. Otherwise .. I don’t want her to find out by someone else, I want to tell her." I explained, biting my lip nervously. "But I want to tell her to her face, you know," I said, sighing dramatically. 

Lou nodded, a concentrated look crossing his face. “So tell her,” he said, smiling. I sighed, rubbing my forehead. “In case you haven’t noticed,” I started, glaring a bit. “We’re on a plane, going to ENGLAND!” I exclaimed. 

"Calm down, mate. Skype her telling her you need to tell her something important when you get back; it’ll be fine. I can see she fancies you as well." He said, smirking. I flushed a bit but rolled my eyes and heading back to my seat.

I guess I just have to wait it out.

**Meg’s POV**

"Finally have time to skype?" My little sister asked as her face flooded my screen. I rolled my eyes, smiling at her.

"Sorry, I made… friends?" I questioned, are the boys my friends? I guess Niall is, but I don’t really know the rest of them.

"Really?" This was now my mother. I groaned. "Yes, mother. I have friends back home too!" I said, pouting at her. "Friend, Pop." She said, smiling happily at me.

"What’re their names?" She asked. I sighed, it’s been a few weeks since they left. They’ll be back in two days, and I can’t wait. I’ve been so bored without them. At least there’s Skype. Niall told me he needs to tell me something when he gets back, so now I’m extra anxious.

"Well, my closest friend’s name is Niall and-" I was cut off by Katie’s screams.

"YOU FOUND HIM!?" She asked, her smile wider than I’ve ever seen. "No, I didn’t I told you, I didn’t find your boy band member." I said, glaring. She sighed, looking disappointed. I rolled my eyes, continuing. "He’s awesome, I actually… kind of like him a bit, but that’s besides the point. Then there’s his best friends who were visiting, I’m not as close with them but I mean… there’s time, right? Well, I guess out of the four I’m closest with Harry." I said, Katie was eyeing me weirdly.

"What are the others’ names?" She asked. I sighed, telling her. Her smile grew and she squealed.

"Meg, you’ve been hanging out with the one," She started and my eyes widened. "The only," It finally all made sense. "One direction!" She squealed happily, jumping up and down.

Before I did anything rash I decided to check online to see if she was right. I went to google and typed in “Niall Horan” and got 56.8 million hits.

I clicked on a wikipedia page to see that she was right. Niall was in the boy band One Direction. He’s my sister’s favorite pop star. He’s a pop star. A world known one at that, and somehow managed to forget to tell me?

Or… I looked back at everything. He gave Mike autographs, he refused to sing in front of me… he was trying to keep it a secret.

But why?

Why the hell would anyone keep that kind of secret from me?

"I gotta go," I said, closing the laptop quickly and throwing a pair of shoes on. I jogged down a few streets over to the Horan household.

"Hi, Maura, do you mind if I ask you a few things?" I asked as she opened the door. "Sure," She said, letting me in.

"So… this is Niall’s BRIT?" I asked, looking at it. They won an award? "Yes," She said, smiling proudly. "And, they have a platinum record!?" I asked, looking at it hanging on the wall. She nodded happily.

"And… this is the band?" I asked cautiously, pointing to the picture that I sat last time, where Niall told me they were his best friends. "Yeah, but you’ve meet them, Meg." She said, smiling. I nodded, glancing towards the clock and feigning horror.

"Oh, I have to get going! I’m so sorry, Maura. I’ll see you later." I said, giving her a hug and leaving the house quickly. I walked down the street, begging myself not to cry. I passed the house and kept walking, deciding to walk in circles until I figured out what to do.

**Two Days Later, still Meg’s POV**

"Meg?" Linda called, right on time. "Niall’s here!" She said excitedly. I stood up and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I saw Niall and glared at him. "Come," I said, walking out of the house and down the steps. I was at the sidewalk when he joined me.

"What’s wrong?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I thought I could trust you!" I exclaimed, stopping. "That’s what’s wrong! But turns out I can’t. You couldn’t even tell me this one thing? I can’t believe I couldn’t notice, I can’t believe I was so stupid. I mean, you guys are fucking everywhere!" I yelled, fuming. He opened his mouth but I cut him off.

"Do you think I’m an idiot? That I’d believe you and that we’d live happily ever fucking after? That I’d never find out!? Well, guess what? I did! Apparently my sister’s a huge fan, she calls herself a ‘directioner’! You were hung up on the walls of her room for a year now, and I knew you looked familiar, I fucking knew but no. You kept this from me, what if I ended up in a magazine, hm? Or if papparazzi showed up at my house!? What then, Niall? Do you have anything to say for yourself!?" I asked angrily, watching him.

He sighed and looked down at the ground. “I wanted you to know me, not The Niall Horan that’s on the telly and in magazines,” He said softly, looking up at me.

"Well, guess what? I hate you. I fucking hate you, as Niall the boy next door and as The Niall Horan. Happy? I know you now, and not from the ‘telly’ or the magazines.” I snapped, turning and heading into my house.

"Meg!" He called, but didn’t move. Part of me wanted him to run after me. That part wanted him to run after me, push me up against the door, kiss me and tell me he’d never do it again. That he was a stupid, selfish bastard and that he just wants me to stay with him. That he just wanted me.

The more rational part of me wanted him to stay the fuck away from me. Forever.

And, well, that’s what he did. He stayed away from me.

*~*~*~*