chapter twenty six

"olivia!" adrian squealed as she ran towards where i stood, getting out of the uber. i smiled widely, engulfing her in my arms as we rocked back and forth dramatically. i pulled away, retrieving my suitcase from the trunk and parting with the driver before he pulled away to his next pickup.

kian and jc had their 'bro-hug' while i proceeded to catch adrian up on all the family gossip. "you told your mom i loved her, right?" she said, making sure i kept the promise i'd made before leaving. i nodded, rolling my eyes before laughing and giving jc a quick hug as well.

"glad to be back?" he asked, rubbing my back in a friendly manner before offering to take my luggage inside for me. "very," i sighed, declining his sweet gesture of a helping hand and walking up to the front door.

although i insisted on taking it inside myself, kian swooped over and strolled my suitcase into the house. groaning playfully, i slapped his shoulder lightly, "i said i was gonna get it."

"no worries, princess," he said in a medieval type voice. i just rolled my eyes, heading upstairs and hurriedly dragging my suitcase upstairs before he had a chance to do it for me.

kian chased me playfully, tiredly flopping onto my bed once he'd reached my room. "i'm so jet-lagged, honestly," he said in short breaths. i giggled, "same. i know what i'm doing when you leave."

"what's that, exactly?" he said with a smirk as he placed his hands behind his head. "taking a nap," i said, laughing at his assumptions, "get your mind out of the gutter!" before anything else could be said, adrian strutted into the room with jc not too far behind her.

"so," she dragged out as she started to help me unpack my bags, "what all did you get for christmas?"

i smiled as i threw my clothes into separate piles on the floor, "some new clothes, gift cards, and a pack of film and memory cards." adrian and jc both just nodded in acknowledgment, now looking to each other before they start the next conversation.

"speaking of christmas," jc said in his funny, childlike voice, "our friend-mas is tomorrow so i suggest you too jet-lagged bums to get some sleep."

kian and i both looked to each other with dread in our eyes because only me and him knew how tired we were. "that's not a problem, i've missed everyone anyways. tonight will just be an early night for me," i sighed, taking my toiletries from my suitcase to the bathroom.

"i'll obviously check with you both whenever you wake up and let you know what time everyone's decided to start getting together. they've still not agreed on a set time," jc laughed, scrolling through a group chat on his phone while speaking.

"in that case, we'd better get out of your hair and let you unpack. y'know, get settled in again," adrian laughed, taking jc by the hand and pulling him slightly to indicate it was time to go. he got up as she did, following her downstairs and resuming their tv show we interrupted when we arrived.

kian shoved his face into one of my pillows and began groaning like a child. "is someone a bit whiny over there?" i laughed, looking up at him momentarily as i kept putting things back where they go. he looked up with a glare, furrowing his thick eyebrows together.

"only because i'm sleepy and i can't process a friends-mas right now," he sighed, closing his eyes and stretching out across my bed.

"speaking of friends-mas, that reminds me to give you your christmas present," i said, reaching through my closet to find where i'd put his box. once i'd gotten my hands around it, i pulled it out revealing the big red bow tied on top.

i brought it over to the bed where kian was now sitting up with excitement. i handed it to him, biting my lip as his hands ran smoothly over the striped wrapping paper. "i hope you like it. i remembered you said awhile back you liked something similar so i had to get it for you," i said nervously as he opened the lid.

he pulled back the tissue paper to reveal the studded leather jacket. his eyes widened as he smiled, taking the jacket and holding it up. "it is like the one i wanted!" he exclaimed, turning the jacket in his hands to fully examine it. he looked back down in the box to see his favorite candy and cologne laying there as well.

"i know it's the not the best and could have definitely been more creative but-" i started saying nervously, feeling like i hadn't done a good enough job of playing santa but he hugged me to cut me off. "it's a great gift, olivia. thank you, really," he said with sincerity in his eyes.

"you're welcome!" i giggled, hugging him tightly in return. "i really hope my gift for you is enough," he laughed before searching the bed for his phone, "i've gotta go over and get it for you though."

"no rush!" i said, throwing my hands up to show him there wasn't any hurry. he turned around as he gave me a stern look, "i'll be right back, don't fall asleep in the next ten minutes."

before i could argue, he walked out of my room and was on his way to go get my present. i smiled wide as i walked back to my bathroom, sighing happily at my reflection. he had no clue how happy he makes me, and i often wondered what he'd say if he were enlightened.

feeling like it was only seconds i had stood there collecting my thoughts, kian came rushing back into my room huffing with a smaller gift box in his hands. "i got it!" he said smiling awkwardly as he struggled to catch his breath.

i laughed, walking up to meet him in front of my balcony doors. "open it," he smiled with a huff as he had now steadied his breathing. i couldn't help but beam with a big smile as butterflies fluttered around in my stomach while i opened the box.

inside sat a ring box, already opened with a beautiful yet simple silver ring with diamonds showing itself off. i looked up with wide eyes and a gasping mouth, "kian!"

"i hope you like it," he said as he bit his lip nervously. "it's a promise ring. i know they're usually the type of thing boyfriends get for their girl, but when i saw it i thought of you. it represents my promise to always be your best friend, even if i'm miles and miles away from you."

i had now teared up a bit at the thought he'd put into my gift. he planned this with his whole heart and i could never ask for anything more. "kian, it's perfect!" i exclaimed as i threw my arms around his neck, "i love it!"

"and i love you," he said as he held me tightly.

omg guys. i'm sure you all want to kill me if you even read this book anymore because i've not updated in literally forever. how's your quarantine? now i've actually got time to finish this book and stop leaving y'all hanging. leave me some votes and comments!! much love 💗