chapter twelve

"olivia, i still don't see the big deal," adrian said as she packed her suitcase full of clothes and other essentials. "the big deal is that he didn't even say goodbye or nonetheless tell me he was even leaving," i whined, angrily flopping face down on her bed like a child.

jc then walked in to her bedroom with his suitcase dragging behind him. "if it makes you feel any better, he didn't tell me either," he sighed, coming closer to see she had everything together. jc sat beside my feet, scrolling on his phone before adrain retorted.

"yeah, i agree with that. though, instead of pouting about how he never said goodbye, why don't you just call him?" she placed a hand on her hip, looking up to me with questioning eyes. she was packing for tennessee because thanksgiving was just around the corner.

jc was going with her to formally meet her family and friends back home. kian had flown out for the holidays as well. hailey had brought him to new york so he could meet her family and then they were supposed to be coming back to visit his in san clemente.

it only upset me for the fact that he hasn't spoken to me since after we filmed the videos a week or so back. not lying, it's a little hard for me to accept the fact that now that he's got a girlfriend, she's practically taking my spot.

i nodded, realizing that calling him actually wasn't such a bad idea. "why didn't i think of that?" i groaned to myself, standing up and trotting down the hall before going into my room. i shut the door behind me, going around to unplug my phone from the charger and find kian's contact.

my heart began racing as my finger hovered over his phone number while something sparked inside me. courage taking over, i slammed my finger onto the screen and held the phone up to my ear. the monotone dial rang out, making my nerves multiply. after what felt like forever, kian's voice welcomed me from the other end.

"olivia! hey, what's up?" he said ecstatically, allowing me to picture the smile that was on his face. "oh, nothing much. just wishing you were still my friend cause i'm growing to think you've finally gotten tired of me," i laughed, sighing dramatically at the end.

"oh, c'mon. i could never get tired of you, liv. look, i know i've been slacking and haven't been coming around much or talking to you often. i'm sorry, i've just had some stuff on my mind," he said sympathetically, regret full in his tone.

"hey, i promise when i get back that we'll have a day all to ourselves just like we used to," he promised, hinting at the smile that was now present on his face. i smiled, replacing my grudge with hope that he'd keep his promise.

"you didn't even tell me you were leaving, shithead," i laughed, feeling my heart ache again. "i know, i know. i'm sorry i jus-" he began to say before hailey screamed in the background. "kian, you're gonna kill us!" she yelled, an abundance of giggling following after.

"alright, liv, i gotta go. i'll text you later once we get there," he said before saying goodbye and ending the call. i huffed; all of my anxiety somewhat washed away after the he hung up.

"liv, we're headed out," i heard jc call from downstairs, pulling me from my thoughts while i bolted down the steps. "bye guys, have fun! make sure you tell your family i love and miss them, adrian," i said, hugging her and jc.

she just rolled her eyes, continuing out the door. "now, remember. there's food here, but of course you could order out of you want. um, there shouldn't be any bills due while i'm gone but make sure you actua-," she started rambling, reminding me of my mother.

"adrian, i've been left home alone before," i said laughing slightly as i held her by her shoulders and reassured her i would be fine, "you don't have to go all mom on me."

she took a breath, laughing nervously towards the realization that everything would be fine. "yeah, you're right. okay, i'm sorry. uh, yeah, be good. i love you," she smiled, hugging me and pulling her suitcase out the front door and towards their uber.

"love you, jc. you guys be careful!" I shouted, waving off to them as he placed their luggage in the trunk of the car. he smiled up to me as he sighed of relief, "alright. love you, liv. be good while we're gone," he laughed, opening the car door for adrian and him to get in.

"bye olivia! don't destroy the house while we're gone," adrian laughed sternly as their car began to drive off. my smile soon faded once i realized i was now all by myself. i sighed, walking back inside and grabbing my phone from my back pocket before slouching on the couch.

i was pondering around on snapchat, using one of the filters and making a video for my story of my complaining about how bored i was gonna be all week since everyone was gone for the holidays. not but ten minutes after i posted it, i received a text from none other than 'dom the bomb'.

'small hangout?' the text read, paired with a smirking emoji. i laughed, typing away a 'hell yeah' before hurrying upstairs to change into something i wouldn't mind being seen in out in public.

nothing better than hanging out at a small party at dom's apartment to help keep me from being lonely.

hey guys, sorry there's been such a hold on updates. if you didn't know, i'll be a junior in high school and have a lot on my plate. but, don't worry, i'm currently on summer break so hopefully more updates are to come. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this, kind of short, chapter! much love ♥️