chapter twenty four

"here we go," i whispered to myself, laying in bed as i stared at the morning sun peeking in through the window. i just lied still in bed. i dreaded leaving my family, but california is where i belong. looking at my nightstand, i saw my phone flooded with goodbye texts from all my friends.

some were asking about my departure time, asking to see me before i left, and so many more just saying it was good to see i was home. while i was scrolling through instagram, i saw the reminder run across my screen about getting ready so my family could take me to the airport.

yawning and stretching, i finally got out of bed seeing it was almost seven a.m. i groaned mentally at it being so early as i watched out to the bathroom.

my reflection reminded me that i look like a monster most mornings so that was great.

the way i looked only assured i needed a good shower. i went ahead and turned the knob, heating up the water as the mirrors started to slowly fog. i got undressed, stepping into the shower.

as i was lathering shampoo into my hair, i heard the bathroom door open. it was now dawning on me that i forgot to lock the door. "i'm showering," i spoke as i was now rinsing the soap out of my hair.

"my bad, i had to pee," i heard kian say in his raspy morning voice, "can i pee right quick?" i laughed in a huff, allowing him to stay and go while i was hidden behind the shower curtain. beginning to lather conditioner in my hair, i was able to hear the steady flow of him pissing, making me laugh.

"what's so funny," he said in a small chuckle, "you're the one who's naked right now."

even though he couldn't see me, i rolled my eyes at him from behind the curtain. "shut up and go make sure you've got everything packed," i laughed before rinsing and turning off the shower.

i waited until hearing the door closed to peek and make sure the coast was clear. i stepped out into the cool, crisp air which immediately caused goosebumps to arise on my skin. now, i realized i'd forgotten to grab a towel.

i groaned to myself, cracking the door slightly to see kian still lingering out in the hallway. "kian!" i whisper-yelled down to him, catching his attention just before he went back into his room. "yeah?"

"i need a towel!" i whined before physically shivering due to the cold air. he smiled, walking back to where i could speak to him quietly, "where are they?"

i pointed to the closet that resided at the end of the hall, "get the fluffy one!"

he laughed as he opened the door i directed him to, searching for a minute before walking to me with the fluffy, green bath towel. "here," he said as i was forced to open the door a little more in order to grab the towel.

i thanked him quietly, closing the door back and starting to dry myself off. wringing out all the water possible from my hair, i wrapped myself in the towel before quickly getting back to my room. i grabbed the sweatpants and hoodie i had laying out for today's outfit, slipping them on to dress myself.

i sighed, checking my phone to see a new text from ryan. he had asked about seeing me before i left, just like all my others friends seemed to wish. instead of texting them all individually, i made a group chat where i sent out they could meet me at my house as soon as they could and we could say our goodbyes in person.

after spritzing myself with some of my perfume, i left my room and wandered down the hall to kian's. i knocked briefly before entering, seeing him lying shirtless underneath the covers, scrolling on his phone.

"lazy bones!" i said, jumping and lying next to him. he laughed slightly, turning over so he was able to see me face to face.

"it's so warm under here, though," he whined, stretching halfway before breaking out in a laugh. i couldn't help but smile at his cuteness, unable to contain the yawn that was approaching.

he scooted closer to me, opening snapchat on his phone and taking a picture of us for his story. "here go all the 'kolivia' shippers," i laughed, referring to the part of our fan base who 'ship' or wish the two of us were together; me being one of them. he laughed once more, "this will really get them going, then."

confused by what he'd just said, i felt his lips collide with my cheek. after hearing the click of the picture after it was taken, he hesitated before pulling his lips from my face.

"let's see how it turned out," he said, biting his lip as he concentrated on the photo. i smiled while looking at the photo, taking his phone and adding a couple cute stickers before handing it back.

"now it looks ready to post," i laughed as he smiled a devilish smile. i watched him save the picture to his 'my eyes only' before posting to his story.

slightly confused, i still didn't ask questions. looking to see it was now seven-fifteen, i huffed before sitting up. "you need to get ready, kian," i said slapping his covered legs playfully.

"okay, okay!" he laughed, standing up before he walked to his suitcase and pulled out sweats and a hoodie. "okay. if you're gonna match me, we're definitely taking a picture of this," i said before leaving the room so he could change.

walking into the hall, i jumped slightly seeing my mother standing at the top of the stairs with a smirk. "what were you guys doing in there?" she questioned in her curious, childlike voice.

"nothing," i laughed nervously, "i was just harping on him to get ready."

"mhm," my mother said as she sent me another smirk and a wink. i rolled my eyes, walking back into my room and closing the door. "i'm not that lucky," i whispered to myself once leaned against the door.

hey everyone! summer is now officially in session so i think that calls for more updates on this book! i hope you enjoy! much love ♥️