chapter nine

i woke up the next morning in my bed, still dressed in my clothes from last night's costume. i stood up, pulling it off over my head and throwing it in the floor close to the hamper by my closet.

wanting to see what condition the rest of the house was in downstairs, i slipped on some pajama shorts and a shirt that i was sure wasn't mine from my dresser drawers. not wanting to keep my room a mess, i picked up the dress and put it where it belonged.

i looked around for my phone, seeing that it was eight in the morning; i was more than likely the only one awake. i walked to my door, opening it and seeing that nobody seemed to be awake as i expected.

i quietly made my way down the stairs, seeing kian sprawled out on the couch below. it didn't seem he was alone because his arm wrapped around a bound of blankets with a pair of feet sticking out from the end.

my stomach soon felt all jumbled around; i felt nauseous. something inside me was praying it was someone other than who i knew it had to be; hailey.

i crept around the couch, now able to see blonde hair peek out which clarified it was indeed hailey. i bit the inside of my lip, almost hard enough to bring blood, in anger.

attempting to keep my cool, i entered the kitchen to grab a trash bag. i began picking up all the trash i could find in the kitchen. empty beer bottles, red solo cups, wrappers, and many more filled the bag.

i scraped what was left of the leftover snacks into the trash as well, placing all the dirty dishes and containers in the sink. i put bottles back in the fridge, trying to fix everything back the way it was.

as i was cleaning up, i heard a female voice that wasn't familiar speak out to me. "olivia, is it?" hailey had asked, somewhat unsure of who i was. i regretted turning around, really wishing i could just runaway from her. hesitantly, i turned to see she was now standing on the other side of the island, still in her costume and seeming ready to leave.

"yeah. hailey, right?" i asked, closing the refrigerator door and bringing my full attention to her. she nodded, "kian is still sleeping and i'd like to slip out before he wakes up." she stretched around to check if he was still sleeping, returning back to her stance.

i didn't really understand why she was telling me about her plans to escape. honestly, i could give zero care in the world as to what her plans are. "is there anything you need me for? if not, i need to get back to cleaning up," i said, trying my hardest not to sound rude.

"actually, yeah," she said a little more confidently, "i've put together a little scavenger hunt date type thing for kian and i today. i'm only telling you so you can make sure he gets the note that i'm leaving." she then slid a folded piece of paper along the counter.

i nodded, faking a smile, "of course." she seemed relieved when i complied to help, quickly waving off and exiting through the front door.

i rolled my eyes, crossing my arms as i walked to where to note sat; i couldn't contain myself from reading it. i waited until the coast was for sure clear to pick it up and take a peak.

'last night was an amazing party, very fun as well. head over to your house and look at the doorbell'. it was written in pretty cursive writing that included a little smiley face.

i almost cringed at how cheesy yet creative the idea was. granted, the thought was cute; i just didn't like it cause hailey was involved. i placed the note back down, walking to the living room to begin cleaning up in there.

as i turned around, i was scared when i was met with adrian who was leaning in the doorway. "hand me a bag, papi," she joked as, sure enough, jc had snuck in behind me and was getting bags from underneath the sink.

i felt queasy at the use of her nickname for him. jc took note and laughed, a smirk growing on his face as he watched me leave the room. i must've been sick because i literally ran to the bathroom, throwing up last night's liquids from the party.

i washed my mouth out once i'd finished, washing my hands as well before making me way back out to the kitchen to finish cleaning. adrian ogled, pulling out some aspirin from the cabinets, "was it your hangover or my comment that made you puke?" she threw the pill bottle at me, allowing me to pull out a pill and swallow it down with the water she'd also handed me.

"both," i grunted as i now began washing the punchbowls that were left out overnight. as i was scrubbing the pink tinted ring that remained stained on the bowl, a pair of hands wrapped around my waist as a head rested in the crook of my neck.

"goodmorning," a sleepy kian yawned, pulling him hands back to himself as he now started to scrub the sticky, dried punch from the countertops. i smiled softly to myself even though he couldn't see from his stance behind me, mentally dreading telling him about his scavenger date.

i turned around to hand the wet bowls to adrian for her to dry, seeing kian almost slide the note over into the trash can. "no!" i shouted, halting him from moving it any further, "that was left for you." his eyebrows furrowed in a line, "i don't want it."

"yeah you do," i nodded, taking the bag that jc was still holding in his hand while i searched around in the hall corridors right outside the kitchen for trash. i could hear him loudly mumble the words that were written on the paper as he read it to himself.

he came out to where i was standing, holding the folded note between his fingers. "who did this?" he asked, moving the note back and forth as he looked to me intently. "hailey," i said quietly, losing the smile that was previously plastered across my face.

he started to speak up as he noticed my now saddened tone before i broke the short silence. "she seems really sweet, kian. you better be going before you miss out on an awesome date," i said, shooing him off.

he gave me a brief smile before disappearing, leaving me to now start moving the furniture back to where it was supposed to be place. as i was now taking a string of lights down from the mantle of the fireplace, i came across some polaroids that were taken last night. i went through the stack, seeing a bunch of silly ones of my friends seconds before stumbling across one of kian and hailey.

one was of them laughing and carrying on, a cute picture i should say, then seeing another one of them kissing sweetly. i didn't want to admit it, but a pang of jealousy hit my chest. i carried all the pictures up to my room with me, leaving jc and adrian to finish cleaning by themselves.

i sat crisscrossed on my bed, going through all of the pictures again and keeping the ones i wanted. i got down from my bed, pulling an envelope out from my desk drawer and writing kian's name on it before sticking the pictures of him with hailey and his other friends into it.

shoving it back in the drawer for safe keeping until it was time to give them to him, i came across an old friend of mine.

hey guys! sorry i haven't updated in awhile, i just got back from vacation. hope you guys enjoyed! much love ♥️