chapter twenty one

after a whole of awkward silence, i decided to go ahead and tell kian about the whole starbucks situation. "her name's meghan," i said, looking to kian momentarily while we waited for the red light to turn green. "the girl at starbucks?" he asked, becoming more intrigued for me to spill the tea.

"not much of a story behind it. she's just one of those bitchy girls who thinks she has to flaunt everything she has; including boys," i sighed, turning towards the town square to get to the park.

he sent me some sort of look i can't explain, unlocking his phone and beginning to find something to distract himself. i turned up the radio, listening to the last bit of the song i'd caught on the radio before parking the car.

once the song went off and the radio host began speaking, i turned the car off and sat my hands in my lap. "alright, we're here," i smiled lightly, typing on my phone to tell makayla we were about to head to the big water fountain where she said she was waiting.

kian looked at himself in the mirror, fiddling with his hair before i had to assure him he looked fine. he met my gaze as we both opened the car doors at the same time, getting out and heading to the fountain.

"i hope this isn't awkward," kian said lowly under his breath, mainly criticizing himself as the beeping sound of my car locking was heard behind us. "remember, they invited you," i whispered to him, catching his eyes while i shot him a smile.

before anything else was said, makayla began to approach us as she waved in the distance. "hey!" she squealed as she hugged me before acknowledging kian, "i'm so glad you came!" she sent him a smirk while she eyed him like prey.

"makayla," i said. she didn't look to me, but kept her eyes on kian, "mhm?" i scoffed playfully, whispering loud enough so kian was able to hear me, "he has a girlfriend so you can quit trying."

she let out an audible groan as her smirk faded into a normal expression. she switched the subject from her usual flirty topics to casual conversation, asking for all the experiences in california. she then directed her attention towards me, "so since he's taken as made noticed, are you seeing anyone?"

i took a long sip from my drink as i narrowed my eyes and shook my head. i laughed before swallowing what was still in my mouth, "not trying to change the atmosphere, but who's gonna sign up to date this?" i gestured to myself in a joking manner, pulling out my phone to see the time.

"i've told you time after time that anyone would be lucky to have you but you don't seem to retain it, huh?" kian laughed lightly, twiddling with his fingers due to the sincerity in his voice.

makayla began to add on, but her thoughts got drowned out by kian's words circling around in my head. i couldn't help but smile while watching him, blushing as i snapped back to reality. as she was beginning to start telling us about a, from what i could tell, pretty long story about the other night at some frat's party when i heard my name being called out from behind us.

i turned around to see where it was coming from, seeing ryan approaching us from the parking lot. i smiled in his direction, embracing him as he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind. "i'm glad you came!," he said excitedly, "what's up, man."

he then let go of me and gave kian one of the signature 'bro' handshakes. kian smiled, "glad you guys invited me to tag along." it made me happy to see my friends were actually engaging with kian, proving to him that he wasn't a burden.

"so, what's the plan?" i asked, jumping and running through the spouting water coming from the ground around the huge fountain. after they all had a good laugh at me acting like a child, makayla spoke up. "we'd planned on going to the drainpipe once emily and lola decide to show up.

i scoffed, remembering all the fun times in that drainpipe. by drainpipe, i'm talking about the huge underground tunnels that allow the water to go somewhere whenever it rains. one of the biggest ones in town was in the park and it's where everyone went to smoke weed and hang out with their friends.

"i'm assuming that means you guys brought some pot?" i said rather lowly where only they were able to hear me. she smiled, giggling before biting her lower lip and holding her boobs with her hands. she pointed down to her cleavage, "smell."

i rolled my eyes, a little hesitant to be burying my face near her chest. "oh, c'mon. they don't bite," she giggled, pointing exactly where i needed to sniff. i hurriedly did so, inhaling near her cleavage and instantly being able to detect the potency of the marijuana.

"how much did you bring, damn," i asked as i pulled away, still being able to smell it. "enough for everyone," she said with a wink before checking her phone and running to the parking lot where lola and emily began approaching.

"alright, let's head that way," ryan said, starting to walk across the park where the entrance was. emily, lola, and makayla picked their pace up a bit because they were soon beside us instead of behind. kian and i stayed behind them a bit, allowing me to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable.

"if you didn't hear, they're planning on smoking weed. i know you don't typically dip into all that so if you don't want to, don't. i don't want you to feel like you're obligated to just because you're around them," i said, looking up to him with a sincere smile.

"are you gonna smoke?" he asked, looking to me with the 'if you are, i am' attitude. i furrowed my eyebrows a bit, stuck on whether i was or wasn't. kian doesn't know about my stash back at home so i didn't want to seem that drawn into being willing.

"yeah, i'll probably smoke a little bit. i can't smoke much with us having that family party tonight, but it should all be wore off by that late at night," i nodded, looking to him to see what his decision on it was.

before he could say whether he was or not, we reached the entrance. in order to go in, you had to inch down a small, somewhat steep hillside until you got to the paved trail the water flowed down. due to there being some standing water that's constantly there, you have to spread you legs and waddle down through the pipe until you get in the middle where everyone sits.

"gosh, this is always the worst part," lola groaned, trying to hurry through the water. realizing kian was quite taller than i was, i turned around to see how low he was having to hunch down. "you okay?" i giggled, grabbing his hand to ensure myself i didn't lose him.

soon, we'd all reached the center and were able to sit down and admire all the graffiti people'd left behind. i jumped, using my palms to lift myself on the seat where kian could sit beside me. this drainpipe branched off to other routes through town though we only liked to stay here because the father you go, the smaller the pipe gets.

once everyone was settled, lola dug around in her little backpack before pulling out a grinder and blunt wraps. "here you go," she smiled, handing them to makayla who then dug the baggie of weed from her tits and began to roll.

it didn't take her long to roll it, which was good for me because it didn't give my anxiety enough time to stir up. "olivia, do us the honors," she smiled, handing the rolled blunt and lighter my way.

acting a little hesitant, i took it from her and placed it between my lips and torched the end. inhaling to get it to smoke, my lungs filled quickly with the thick clouds and caused me to cough a lung out of my chest.

"we can't get too high," i giggled, being more open to taking another hit since my lungs had adjusted, "kian and i have a family thing we have to go to tonight." i handed the blunt to him, allowing him to inhale some of the smoke before passing it on around the circle of us.

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter :) i figured i'd give you guys an update with thanksgiving being right around the corner. can i just say i am  so so thankful for all your reads and votes? ahhh y'all make me happy. much love ♥️