chapter twenty nine

"you look like you just walked out of euphoria," kian laughed as i pulled his hand, leading him in the direction of my house. i turned my head slightly, letting go of his hand, "and everyone from euphoria is hot, so your point is what exactly?"

once i had dropped his hand, i took out my phone and texted adrian. i told kian that i had to grab something from inside before we could meet everyone at the club so that he wouldn't suspect anything. i was keeping my fingers crossed that he didn't mention the extra cars in the driveway, hoping he'd just assume they hitched a ride with the others.

as we walked up to the porch, a lump grew in my throat. i was so nervous; i hope he likes his surprise. i was happy to not hear a single thing, silence so loud you could hear a pin drop. i took out my keys and unlocked the front door, swinging it open to see pitch black nothingness.

"what exactly did you have to g-," kian started but was cut off mid sentence. as soon as he had stepped into the doorway, the lights we had strung illuminated and everyone screamed 'surprise!'.

with the widest smile, i turned to see kian's shocked and heartfelt expression. his mouth was open and now forming a truly surprised smile. "you! did you do this?" he exclaimed, picking me up and swirling me around.

"we all did," i bellowed out in laughter, stumbling a bit as he placed me back on my feet. "nah, don't let her play it off. we helped pull it together, but it was all liv's idea," jc retorted, giving kian a big hug.

kian was so happy while looking around the room to see all his friends, the hint of tears welled up at the bottom of his eyes. "thank you, guys," he chuckled, flashing his big smile to everyone in the room, "seriously, this is unforgettable."

"let's get this party started!" i screamed in perfect time for the dj to start the mix.

small time lapse

a couple of hours had passed and everyone seemed to be having the time of their lives: dancing, drinking, laughing, and just overall vibing with one another. kian seemed to be having the best time, which is all that mattered to me. he had been circling around and chatting with everyone he came into contact with.

trevi, ricky, and i were all dancing in the midst of everyone around us. the feeling of the alcohol flowing through my body made me completely careless. i was having the best time i have had in a while, finally able to free my mind of all its complications and worries.

dancing with my eyes closed, i wasn't able to see trevi and ricky wander off somewhere to get out of the congregation of body heat. i was caught off guard by hands on my hips and a body swaying against mine, "there's my sexy girlfriend!"

i laughed at the sound of tana's tipsy voice, "hi, baby! where've you been?" we continued to dance to the current song blasting through the speakers on stage. "you look so fuckin' sexy tonight, livi! for real, so damn fine," she laughed loudly in my ear.

i thanked her and complimented her outfit as well, parting ways as i stumbled into the kitchen. i walked up to the counter where all the liquor bottles were sitting before starting to make a new drink. i mixed some tito's, a little bit of don julio, and a fruity mixer that ricky had picked up earlier.

as i took a sip and turned around, i saw brennen leaning against one of the kitchen walls, eyeing me while chatting with sam and colby. i flashed him a quick smile, walking up to them. "you guys having a good time?" i asked, unable to keep from slurring slightly. i wasn't too drunk, but feeling it was a bit of an understatement.

"hell yeah! this party is a banger," sam laughed, clinking his cup against mine before downing what he had left. i was engaging in conversation with them all when i was able to hear kian's laugh from the other room.