Ball Is Life

|BRIANNA|

My life has never been perfect. My hands were shaking because I would now be attending RiverBank high. I hated that. My mom had to transfer me because she found a new job that paid ten dollars more than the last one. It was just me and her, and she struggled to pay the bills. So I never really had up to date clothes and shoes. My grandmother passed away about three years ago, and she left me her sewing machine and everything else to go with it. So I made most of my clothes. I always kept a A average so I could go to college and have a nice career.

"Bri, hurry up."

"I'm coming ma." I yelled from my bathroom while pulling my long black hair in a ponytail. I finished, grabbed my shoulder bag and headed towards the kitchen.

"I got you blueberry muffins and bacon." My mom smiled and handed me the brown bag.

"Thanks." I smiled.

KING

"Hey King." Destiny smiled.

"Wassup."

"What's that all about?" My girlfriend Emily asked me.

"Just speaking, that's all." I leaned from off the wall and threw my arm around her neck.

I was the most popular boy in RiverBank High. Captain of the basketball team, play football as well. Good grades, and most defiantly good looks.

"Y'all got pratice today?" I asked Emily who was the captain of the cheerleading team.

"Yes." I looked at her.

"What?"

"Your cute." Emily stood at 5'6, light skin, hazel eyes, on her teeth were a set of braces that made her smile even bigger and more beautiful, she had a pretty nice body from cheerleading and track.

"King, leave me alone." She pushed me and giggled.

"I'm serious." I grabbed her waist and kissed her.

Me and Emily been together for about a year now, and let's say things are good until she trips over the attention I get from females.

*BUZZZ*

|EMILY|

Me and King kissed then headed our separate ways. I walked to my first period with my girl Angel. We been friends for the longest but sometimes she really works my nerves.

Me and Angel sat in British Lit waiting for Mr.Ramage to start the lesson.

"This is Brianna Robinson, She's a new student here so y'all be nice and help her out, Have a seat."

Everybody looked at her then continue with their conversations. Mr.Ramage was a pretty cool dude, he put on a movie, kicked his feet up and pulled out his phone. He only had like three rules.

|BRIANNA|

I sat behind two girls. I actually liked the movie and didn't mind watching it, but they just kept talking, I looked around the room and mostly everybody was talking, texting, listening to music or sleep. Only a few students payed attention. I watched this movie more than once, so I just sat there.

"So what happen with King over the weekend?" The girl asked the other one.

"I meann." The girl spoke.

"Come on Emily, spill the beans."

So her name was Emily, ok.

"Angel, calm down. You already know what happen."

"Y'all freaky."

"Angel, we have only did it like...."

"Over 6 times."