Baby Fever

PAIZLEI

I clutched my white sheets and buried my head into a pillow as the sun began to beam through our window. I heard the bathroom door open and then movement on the bed.

"Kash, just one more minute."

"Nah, baby girl, your bath water is going to get cold."

"But, it's not fair, you know how I am after our long nights of sex."

"I understand baby, but I got plans for us, can you please get up."

I sighed and rose from the bed. I stretched and headed for the bathroom. When I walked in, I notice the tub filled with bubbles and a glass of wine sitting on the side. I just stood there, thinking of how after all these years he still remains to put a smile on my face.

"Say you love me now." He whispered.

"You already know." I Turnt around and stared at him. "I'll be around the house, take your time."

I lotion down and walked inside our closet. I thumbed through a few clothes and found my new Chanel romper. I slid on my sandals and threw my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

"Kash." I yelled from the steps. Until I saw him sitting on the couch counting money. I walked inside the living room and sat on the couch across from him.

"Everything's good?"

"Oh yeah baby, We straight, the lawn company doing great and the barber shop doing numbers. Here's the list of the workers at the Lawn Company, write their checks for me."

I nodded and grabbed the checkbook and pen. King walked through the door.

"Brianna might be pregnant." He sat in the loveseat and just dropped the bombshell.

Me and Kash both stopped and stared at him.

"King no." I looked at him. Of course I know my son is sexual active but him and Kash always had talks about stuff like this.

"Well." Kash jumped in. "If she is, you got to man up and take care of your responsibilities, how did all of this happen anyway.

"Well of course after prom, we went out to dinner and all of that, then things just got heated and I forgot."

I couldn't listen to anymore of this. I simply stood up and walked upstairs.

KASH

"You know she upset right? Of course she accepts the fact that you are having sex because you're human and most of all your a boy, but we always told you about using condoms, come on King, you still young dude."

"I know dad, but dang, do you and mom use condoms?"

"We don't because we are grown and actually want to have another baby. We haven't really used them since we got married, our choice you know, but you're still young and about to graduate come on man."

"Well I'm not sure if she is, but it might be a possibility."

"Prom was about three weeks, your just now saying something? Yall better figure that out."

He grabbed his keys and headed out the door.

"Baby!" I yelled for Pai to come back down.

"I can't believe this." She sat on the couch and finished the checks.

The twins were spending time with Pai parents this weekend and going out of town, so I packed both of their suitcases and put them in the trunk of the Escalade.

"You ready?" Pai grabbed her purse and we headed out. Our first stop was her parents house.

"Baby, He's growing up, I know he's your first born and you feel some type of way but they made that decision or forgot as he say and they have to clean it up baby."

"It's not just him, both of them are still young and they both want so much in life, I just don't want that for them right now. They still have to experience college and so much more, a baby is a blessing don't get me wrong, but it's going to slow them down."

"Baby, if she is pregnant, they will be great parents and work something out I'm sure, but damn I'm trying to put another baby in you and we might be fucking grandparents."

"My point exactly, we're still trying to have babies." She shook her head.

"I love you and you look very gorgeous today."

I grabbed the twins bags, while Paizlei knocked on the door. Her mom open the door and she went in. I followed behind with the two suitcases.

"Hey Karen. Where the twins?" I asked walking in.

"Hey Kash, they went with Todd for some lunch." We hugged and sat in her living room.

"What's wrong baby girl?" She asked Pai. I shook my head and decided to answer.

"King dropped a bombshell on us today."

"O my God, what?"

"Brianna might be pregnant!" She answered.

Me and Karen finished talking while Pai sat quietly. It was getting aggravating, how she made this into a big deal.

PAIZLEI

At this point, I was very aggravated and my mom wasn't making it any better. I wish Mia still stayed down here, so we could meet up for drinks.

BRIANNA

"I just don't know how to feel about this. I can't blame him because I should have made sure and this is just Ugh." I rambled on the phone with my best friend from home.

"Well...." She was about to continue on but I stopped her.

"And I have never been on Birth Control because I just feel like......."

"Bri. B.R.I.A.N.NA! Just calm down and go to the store or go to an clinic."

"You're right, I'll call you back."

I didn't want to tell my mom, but I had to. I told her about everything that happen and she was upset but willing to go along.

I grabbed my purse and cars keys then stormed out the door. I literally ran into my car and drove to the nearest clinic. I called King and told him to meet me at my house in a hour.

..............

KING

I patiently waited for Bri to call me back and tell me she made it home. She finally call back an hour and 30 minutes later. When I got there, we went straight to her bedroom.

"Well."

"Well What Brianna?"

"I'm not pregnant."

"Thank You God! My mom has been on back so hard about this, damn!"

"Your mom? Man please! I got cursed out so bad today!"

"Next time, I'll make sure baby, I'm sorry!" I kissed her cheek.

STARTING A NEW BOOK SOON! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SOMETHING IN MIND I CAN WRITE ABOUT COMMENT BELOW !

COMMENT IDEAS HERE 😄