Closer Than You Think

BRIANNA

"I graduate in one week, it feels so unreal."

"I know, I'm proud of you baby." My mom said as we sat at the table at The CheeseCake Factory.

"Now, I'm just ready to get college out the way, and start my future."

"I'm ready for you to, Have you King decided what's going to happen?"

"I mean. We're still going to be a couple."

"Long distance relationships are crazy, you know that right?"

"Yeah, but we're both going to college to better ourselves, so if we have to break up for a while, then hey."

"OK, maybe you guys should sit down and talk about it."

"We will."

EMILY

I was getting closer and closer to my due date, and I was big as a balloon. Today was my baby shower, and I was already tired. I had been up helping my mom cook and packing everything in my car. I got dressed and went to pick up Ashley. Once we got to the building, My mom and Auntie were almost finish decorating. I was ready for all of this to be over.

"Emily, go and get that blue bag out my car." My mom handed me her keys and I begin walking outside. On my way outside, I notice Shawn pulling up. He hopped out the car and I saw him open the back door and Megan got out. They walked towards me. Megan waved while Shawn stared at me.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"You don't mind her being here do you?"

"I mean."

"You mean what? You wouldn't want anybody treating Jason that way. So, let's go inside and have a good time." He took the bag from me and begin walking inside while Megan followed closely behind him.

The baby shower was a success, and I received plenty of gifts. One more week until graduation and two more weeks until I meet my baby boy.

KING

"So King you ready to graduate?" My uncle girlfriend Kayla ask me.

I was spending the day with them.

"Yeah, tired of High School."

"I know you are. What college are you attending ?"

"LSU."

"OK, I had a few friends attend there."

"I'm proud of you nephew."

"Thanks Unc."

...........

"King, do you anything else for your dorm?" My mom asked as we walk through Target.

"No mam."

"Ok, I'm telling you. Once you leave, we're not going to be sending you stuff all the time."

"Daddy, can I get this dress?" Kiley budged in.

"Not today Kiley, we have to get your brother stuff out the way."

BRIANNA

Me and King sat in my living room watching movies.

"I'm going to miss you." I looked at him.

"I'm going to miss you as well shawty, we going to be good."

"You sure?"

"Hell yeah, you sure?"

I nodded my head and layed on his shoulder.

It's time for our future, whether we ready for it or not.