Old Ways

KILLIAN

Me and Mia been divorced for about a month now. We decided to sell the house, Mia decided it was best to move back closer to her parents, so I started looking for a nice bachelor pad.

"So you guys are done for good?" Mom asked me as we sat outside on the deck of this seafood restaurant.

"Yea, I had love for her though, but all the lying." I chewed my food.

"Wasn't she pregnant?" Mom looked up at me.

"Nope, we thought she was, her cycle came on a week later."

Mom nodded. "Your girl is coming."

"I know, I'm not worried about it." I said looking at my watch. "I have to go mom, I'm going to look at this condo, want to come?"

"No, I have to go check on the Lawn Company."

..............

"Sorry for running late."

"It's fine, it's on the 10th floor, so we can head on up."

"Ladies first." I spoke once the elevator finally came down.

We both stood inside the elavator on separate sides. I admire the black dress she wore, with a pair of 6-inch heels. That's how I like my girls, a lot of girls can't walk in shoes like that.

The condo was nice and I was pretty sure I would be buying it. But I was also checking out
Ms. Kayla Wright.

"Are you married?" I asked sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

"I'm not." She answered while gathering some paper work. "Why?"

"You're beautiful."

"Thanks Killian, but have you decided on the place?"

"I'll buy the place, if you let me take you out for dinner." I smirked.

"Really?" She laughed.

"All jokes aside."

"I'm a very busy person, maybe one day though."

I nodded my head. "You got my papers ready?"

"Stop by my office first thing in the morning and we'll get everything settle."

My phone begin ringing as we walked out the condo.

"Wassup nephew?"

"Where you at unc?"

"I'm leaving this condo, everything good?"

"It's Friday fool." He spoke into the phone. I think this young boy gets excitement from going to Hooters.

"Alright, meet you there in twenty." I hung up the phone and focused back on Ms.Wright.

"I'm sorry baby." I stood closer to her in the elevator.

"Killian please." She exited out the elevator and strutted towards her Range Rover. I watched her as she walked.

I pulled up at Hooters to meet with King. When I parked next to him, I notice Jeremiah and Alex. Hell might as well say they were my nephews too because they stayed around.

"Wassup Unc." They all greeted me.

"Wassup."

We went in and order a bunch of wings and talked about guy stuff. I picked up my phone and called Kash.

"Sup."

"Your wife got you occupied?" I laughed into the phone.

"You got jokes nigga. Naw."

"Meet us at Hooters."

"Alright, I'll be there in thirty, dropping the twins off at their friends house."

"Cool."

...............

Kash finally came through and we tripped out with the boys.

"They remind me of us, back in the days." I told to Kash.

"Oh yeah, but they ain't got it going on like we did."

"So many girls used to call the house phone, mom would cuss us out all the time."

PAIZLEI

"How you been?" I spoke to Mia over the phone.

"I been holding on. Just a little sad, but hey, I got to stay strong for my son. John took off work for a while so they could spend time together."

"That's good, but why did you keep the secret from everyone. Killian would have been better if you told him the truth."

"I just didn't know how to tell anyone and plus you know what he has been through."

"Yeah, I understand. Just stay strong, I'll come see you next weekend."

"OK. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, Bye."

I had nothing to do, The twins both went to friends house, and King and Kash were out with Killian. I called up my Co-Worker Ashley to see what was popping tonight. She told me she was hitting this club and I decided to go.

I slid into my burgundy knee length dress and begin fixing my hair.

"Baby?" I heard Kash call out.

"I'm in the bathroom."

He walked in and sat on the mini couch that was in our bathroom.

"You look sexy, where you going?"

"Out with Ashley."

He nodded and slid his hands in his pockets. This man was so sexy. "Can you zip me up?" He zipped me up and whispered in my ear. I smiled. I grabbed my clutch and car keys.

Just a quick update for you guys, since today is my birthday 😘 Enjoy.

KILLIAN in the multimedia.