5. The Self Punishment

The next day, Fab5 were up early than usual. They all wanted to know the mysteries around them. Though, they said it was because of Aliya, but they all knew somewhere, it was for they felt something was wrong.

After freshening up, they came downstairs only to see Nandini sitting on the dining table alone eating her breakfast. They all went and settled on the chairs. That's when they noticed a bandage on her right hand. Her full hand was bandaged with a red patch on her palm. They all looked at each other and then again at her. Feeling so many gazes on herself, Nandini looked up only to find them staring at her rather than at her hand. She sighed and it caused them to look away.

Nandini: What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?

Though she didn't shout, but her tone wasn't polite either.

Manik looked at others and they were silent. Knowing no one will speak, he decided to answer her.

Manik: Nothing. We were just seeing the bandage.

He paused, gazing at her hand and Nandini noticed it.

Manik: What happened to your hand? Are you okay?

He looked up and at the same time she looked away. Seeing her avoiding Manik's question, Aliya spoke.

Aliya: Di, What happened to your hand?

Nandini looked amused at the concern that dripped from Aliya's hand. She chuckled confusing them.

Nandini: Woah! What am I hearing? You are concerned for me. Wait, is there something special today, or do you like your mother want to stay here during the competition?

Aliya: I just wanted to know, di. You don't have to be so rude always. I never intented to cheat, Fab5 are loyal when it comes to their work.

Nandini didn't answer and started working on her laptop again. She was facing a little difficulty in typing due to her bandage and it made her feel irritated. Fab5 were looking down at their plates but still their whole attention was on Nandini.

Manik didn't know why she attracted him so much. First, her eyes were so capative and now, even a mere injury on her hand was worrying him. It has never happened before. He always stayed away from girls. They all were clingy and he always hated the way they fell for his looks and money but this time, it was different. He was developing a soft corner for Nandini without even his own knowledge.

He didn't know why but there was a strange feeling in his heart, that said he was going to get more than an album by the end.

However, Nandini removed her bandage from her hand since she wasn't able to work with it. They all saw the condition of her hand which was extremely bad. Aliya and Mukti instantly looked away while Dhruv pushed his plate away seeing her blood filled hand. Manik's eyes soften seeing her face scrunched up in pain and discomfort.

Flashback

When Nandini reached her room, she was literally breathing fire. She paced around her room trying to calm her raging breathe. She very well knew whom she had slapped. He was the most important person in her life. The one who could die and kill anyone for her and the same for her.

He is still that important for her. Her love didn't change for him. She just stopped showing him.

Her eyes fell on the glass which was kept on the side table in her room. It was empty. She just picked it up in her hand and remembered the moment she slapped him. She pressed it hard, breaking it into pieces. The glass pieces pierced her hand making it bleed but she wasn't satisfied. She removed the pieces brutally and opened the drawer, kept her hand on the edge and closed it with a thud.