28. Confrontation

Fab5 looked at Abhi's hopefull face completely confused.

Aliya: What are you planning, Bhai?

Abhi: I am not planning anything, Aliya. I just have an idea. But I need all of your help for it.

Manik: What is it?

Abhi: Manik, since you guys have completed first song and it came out more than we, as in our company expected, we can hold a small celebration. Like only you five and Black Shinners. Nandini being the owner would have to come. Just agree to this, I will handle the rest.

Mukti: Are you sure it would work, Abhi?

Abhi: Even if it doesn't work, we will be atleast trying na.

Mukti smiled and looked at others. Except Manik the other three looked convinced.

Manik: Just don't ruin it more, Abhi.

Abhi: I won't. And Manik, when did you and Barbie became friends? How come I know nothing about it?

Abhi smiled widely but frowned seeing Manik's face falling down. He looked at others who mirrored the same expressions.

Abhi: What happened guys?

Dhruv: Nandini refused to accept their friendship, Abhi.

Abhi: But she herself accepted!

Manik: It was just to make you all believe that she has moved on. She didn't mean it.

Abhi: What! Ayiyappa! What is Barbie doing to herself!

Manik: Abhi, Relax. It is okay. I expected this from her. She is NM, who doesn't show her emotions and she knows I can break her shell that's why she always pushes me away.

Abhi remained silent, amused on how much Manik came to knew about his Barbie. He smiled faintly before taking their leave.

Later, Mr.Malhotra left for Pune after meeting Manik. Manik was in his room thinking about all the changes in his life when Cabir came there.

Cabir: What are you thinking?

Manik: Nandini.

Cabir: What did she do now?

Manik: She didn't do anything. It is just, Cabir! You know she was about to accept we were friends! Damn!

He yelled suddenly, feeling so excited which made Cabir laugh.

Cabir: You are so gone, Manik.

Manik: Shut up, Cabir!

Cabir: Okay. But on a serious note, Manik. You do effect her a lot. I guess you are going in a right direction.

Manik nodded and at the same time the other three came there.

Mukti: What are you two talking about?

Manik: Leave that, what are you doing here? I thought you went on a date with Abhi.

Manik teased turning her red then and there. The others laughed seeing her face including Manik.

Mukti: Manik! Shut up! Leave mine, you tell me, how are you going to convince Nandini for party?

Oh yes. Manik had completely forget about that. He looked at each one of them and he knew nobody had that much courage to go infront of Nandini and invite her for the party.

Manik: Leave that on me.

He assured, thinking of something with a slight smirk.

°°°