19. Soha's Death

As soon as Soha uttered those words, each one of them felt the ground slipping below their feet. They couldn't believe what they heard. Thinking it to be hallucination, they looked at each other and realized that it was indeed reality.

At the same time, Nandini entered inside the ward taking slow steps. She kept looking down even when Sid marched to her in anger.

Sid: Look into my eyes!

He ordered firmly and she shook her head, a tear slipping down her cheek which went unnoticed by others except Sid. However, this time it increased his anger.

Sid: Nandini Murty, look into my eyes!

And hearing him calling her by her name, Nandini's head snapped in his direction along with others. Soha, seeing him so angry tried to interfere but was stopped by Sid who continued to look at Nandini.

Sid: You mixed the powder in the juice?

This time his voice was calm. He wanted her answer to be no. He would believe her over Soha's words!

She looked at others and seeing this, Sid held her forearm, firm but careful enough not to hurt her phsycially.

Sid: I am asking you something. Don't look at them and answer me. Did you mix that chemical in Soha's juice?

She slowly nodded her head and Sid didn't realize when he raised his hand to hit her, but before he could, he stopped. He heard multiple shouts from behind while his own heart was thudding loudly in his chest, realizing what he was about to do. He didn't avert his eyes from Nandini who stood there sobbing.

Sid: Are you sorry?

He asked again. This time bending down to her level and she bobbed her head in yes franatically. That was it. Sid didn't take a moment to take her in a tight hug. He kept carressing her head and back continuously to console her.

Nandini: I am sorry bhai! Sorry! I can't tell you why! Please sorry!

She mumbled in the hug so only he could hear. He pecked her head and from the corner of his eye he saw Harshad looking at him sternly. He blinked his eyes, indicating him they will talk later.

Though he wanted to ask now but seeing Nandini's condition, he couldn't. She was literally trembling in fear and he knew it was very much unlike her. After her father's death, it would be the first time he saw her like that.

Abhi narrated the past to Fab5 who sat there, trying to process everything. They hadn't expected things to be so serious.

Cabir: Abhi, If everything sorted out. Soha was fine. Then how come she died?

Dhruv: Did you guys ask her later?

Abhi: I wish we could!

He looked down, cursing their fate. Only if they could ask her the reason behind her this step.

Soha was given discharge after the doctor assured them the chemical hadn't done much harm to her. It was curable and she could even perform after two days.

The two days went with them practicing and taking care of Soha. They didn't even remember they had to ask Nandini about the chemical she mixed in Soha's juice.

Though Nandini was relived yet a part of her wanted them to ask her. She wanted to tell them the matter but she couldn't.

When they all were present at the backstage except Nandini, Soha's mobile rang flashing Nandini's name. The others shared a worried glance as Soha picked up the call.