6. The Black Shinners

Time passed really very soon. The music competition was after two days. The teams had reached and Nandini personally met them. All were quite busy with the preparations that they hardly got time to talk or fight.

At present, Nandini was in her office when she called Fab5 asking them to meet her. After five minutes she heard the knock on the door and asked them to come inside.

Fab5 walked inside together and they all sat infront of her. Manik was about to speak but before him Aliya started.

Aliya: Di-

Nandini didn't let her speak further and interrupted in between.

Nandini: Ma'am, It is Ma'am for you all when we are in office. You are here for work purpose so let's keep it completely professional.

She smirked at the end seeing Aliya clenching her fist with a hard glare. Rage filled inside her but soon it changed into attitude and she battled her eyelashes innocently.

Aliya: Is Miss.Murty fine?

Nandini: No. NM would do

Her blunt answer left Aliya a little shocked and she didn't argue further. They silently nodded their head. Nandini changed the topic seeing the conversation going in another direction.

Nandini: So, As you all know that the completion is after two days. I want you guys to shift in the hotel where others teams are going to stay.

Manik: But We can stay in Murty mansion also. What is the problem in that?

Manik was confused. He forget the fight he witnessed on their first day in Murty Mansion otherwise he wouldn't have asked her this question. He thought she was doing it to show Aliya that she was superior to her and that somehow felt wrong.

Nandini: You can't, Mr.Malhotra. For me, all the teams are equal and all will get same treatment. You people are no special to me that I break my rules for you.

Manik stared at her, not liking the way she was talking but then, he couldn't point it out. Disappointed, he turned his face to the other side and everyone seemed to realize this. Seeing this, Cabir decided to interrupt.

Cabir: As you say, Ma'am.

Nandini nodded and dismissed them. She had seen the disappointment on Manik's face and somewhere it mattered to her. However, she decided not to pay attention to him. Fab5 left from there silently and she too started doing her work.

The next two days passed in jiffy and it was the day of competition. Fab5 had already shifted to the hotel as Nandini asked them to. Shelika was not at all happy with this. She didn't like the way Nandini asked them to move out but she couldn't point out. And then even Harshad told her not to interfere in Nandini's work. She was very much disappointed but as always she had no other choice but to accept Nandini's decision.

Since today was the competition, the preparations were on full mode. Every team was given a jam room of their own to avoid any type of conflicts. The teams were busy practicing.

Even though, In all these days fab5 were fully busy with their practice still Manik's curiousity was increasing to know about Nandini's past. He desperately wanted to know what made her so heartless. She cared for none. She did actually but never let anyone know. She was rude and arrogant but she made sure not to hurt any innocent and she very conveniently hide it. However, his friends did sense his weird behaviour but they wanted to give him his space. They knew he will share once he felt like.