39. Cliche Encounter

Another two weeks, and Black Shinners wrapped up their work successfully. Manik told Niyonika he would marry Veebha. Ofcourse, his friends were unhappy including his father but Manik tried his best to make them understand.

Now, two weeks from the marriage, Black Shinners landed in India. Even Siddarth's father was here, in Malhotra Mansion where all of them had decided to stay. Since Abhi was an orphan, all his rituals were to be done by Siddarth's father.

Mukti decided to call her parents right on the time, she knew they would too busy to come anyways. Manik's father would do the rituals for her as well.

The marriage was decided to be done in the Malhotra Mansion itself. Manik, Mukti and Abhi didn't want anything grand so they settled on a simple private affair. Veebha did protest, but then Niyonika had to talk her down for she knew Manik might not hold it for longer.

While even though it was supposed to be a private here, they decided to go with all the rituals which would start in a few days. The roka or engagement was to be done in five days and the wedding was on the ninth day.

The guest list was prepared, the invitations being send already. The preparations were on full mode with everyone being extremely busy except for Nandini who even though was there but choose to stay in her room.

She didn't talk to anyone except for Raj. She would come out when he would be home, and go back to the safety of her room in his absence. But now, he had strictly told her to be present there for every single ritual. Nandini couldn't deny him.

And this was the reason they were all in the hall waiting for Nandini to come down so they could go for the shopping.

They heard the sound of her boots hitting the floor before they saw her descending down the stairs, her eyes fixed on her phone and a scowl on her face. From the other end, Niyonika was walking upstairs, even her eyes fixed on her own phone and other hand holding her coffee.

Manik took a step ahead to aware Nandini, but before that the damage was done already. Niyonika and Nandini bumped into each other, and Nandini's phone fell down while Niyonika was drenched in her own coffee.

Nandini bend down to pick her fallen phone and groaned seeing the screen broken while Niyonika was fuming in anger.

Niyonika: What the hell? Are you blind or what?

Nandini: Excuse me? It was your mistake too.

Niyonika: You bumped into me.

Nandini: You did too, broke my mobile too.

She stood up, and showed her mobile screen and seeing her face, it took only a moment for Niyonika to recognise her while Nandini didn't remember her.

Niyonika: You-

Nandini: What You? Who are you even? How dare you bump into me, break my phone screen and now accuse me without accepting your own mistake? Such a cheap behaviour.

Niyonika scoffed, and then laughed in mocking tone making her frown.

Niyonika: You dare ask me who am I when you are standing at my place?

Nandini frowned, more confused and it was then her eyes fell on Manik who shook his head. She looked at Raj who sighed her to let go of this matter too.

Nandini looked at Niyonika before she decided to let go and walk downstairs. She had better affairs to look after but before she could even take the second step, Niyonika's booming voice stopped her in her tracks.

Niyonika: What happened? The famous Nandini Murty, ah, I am not sure what are you more famous for though -

Nandini: What do you mean?