21. Digging The Past

Next Morning, Murty Mansion

Manik let out a sigh as Cabir nudged him for the nth time. Infront of him, Abhi was sitting silently with his head buried into his palms.

Manik hated this. He absolutely hated the fact that even though Abhi was wrong, he couldn't blame him completely.

Even if Abhi didn't hear Nandini in the past, it was him who started searching for her first.

He left his leading company in the hands of his pa or manager and himself worked as a manager in her company.

All this, for what?

Just to get Nandini's forgiveness.

Again, as much as he hated to admit- Abhi loved Nandini the most in his life. She was above everything for him, even more than his own sister or all of the wealth he owns.

Dhruv: Buddy, are you gonna speak now?

Dhruv whispered from behind and Manik came out of his thoughts. He looked at Dhruv and nodded his head in yes before walking to Abhi.

The others waited impatiently for him to say something if not apologize for his rude behaviour but when he just clear his throat awkwardly, they all face palmed.

Aliya: Manik!

She whispered yelled from behind and Manik hurriedly nodded his head.

Manik: Abhi?

Abhi, who had been oblivious to his surroundings looked up and frowned seeing Manik.

Abhi: What?

Manik: I-I - I a-am Sorry!

He finally let out a huge breathe. His friends were rolling their eyes standing behind them while Abhi just shook his head.

Abhi: It is okay. I deserve all the words you said, or also the punch. Though don't tell Barbie, she might kick you out of here.

Manik: Nandini!

Abhi: huh?

Manik: Her name is Nandini. Barbie is a doll, not human. Don't call her that.

Manik frowned over his stupid logic making others shake their head in disbelief including Abhi, though they know he was just being jealous at that moment.

Abhi: Listen, Your Nandini is my Barbie right from the time when I was ten and she was seven. So thinking that I will stop calling her barbie  is pointless.

Manik looked at him wide-eyed, not able to believe that the guy was just in a terrible mood few moments ago and was now boosting about his and his barbie's relation as if he was injected with Glucose-D.

Abhi: Anyways, I was saying-

Manik: We are gonna prove Nandini innocent.

He interrupted Abhi who nodded his head, a little irked for he was interuppted in between but didn't say anything.

Cabir: First, we need to know where was she for the whole six months.

Abhi: No, we will ask her later. For now, let's find what actually happened that day.

Manik: And for that we need to start from the start.

Dhruv: You mean?

Manik: Yes, Take us to the hospital where Soha was admitted, Abhi.

Manik spoke making others frown in confusion.

Aliya: But why there, Manik?

Manik: Aliya, as Abhi said a person called Harshad to inform them about Soha being in the hospital, it means the person was in hospital too. The hospital might have registered his name, mobile number, or maybe address. We can get some information there.