20. Manik's Anger

Abhi: Manik!

Abhi was angry. Didn't this guy told him sometime back that he trust Nandini. Then what changed now? Did he label Nandini as a murderer just after listening the half story?

Manik: What?

He snapped back seeing the shocked faces of all of them.

Manik: Yes, I have a doubt. I want to know if you people didn't trust or should I say accused Nandini of Soha's murder just because Soha took Nandini's name before breathing last?

His voice was stern by the end and laced with confusion. His eyes held questions, to which he needed answers desperately.

While hearing him, his friends and Abhi sighed in relief. They thought he doubted her innocence while Manik hadn't even thought about it. For him, Nandini was innocent and no matter how many proofs they would show him, he would trust her.

He had seen her in all these days they stayed in Newyork. There was no way he would doubt her innocence. However, seeing their expressions, Manik was confused for a second before it striked him.

Manik: What? Are you guys mad? I told you people I trust Nandini. I love her damit! How can you people think I would doubt her?

Abhi: Manik, We-

Manik: No, Abhi. I know I haven't given you reasons to trust me or my love isn't years old but that doesn't mean it is any less. Also, for me, love means trust and I trust her enough to know she wouldn't kill someone.

Dhruv: Buddy, we are really sorry. We just thought you are confused.

Manik shook his head in disbelief hearing him.

Manik: Guys, all of you said today, but don't say it again. I am very possesive for my people and now Nandini is one of them and I can never get confused regarding her. So please!

He was completely pissed off. He looked at Abhi who went silent hearing him.

Manik: I am sorry, Abhi but I guess you people left a lot in the past. I am not saying Nandini cannot protect herself but being her bestfriends, you people should've atleast comforted her. I am sure if you had put some more efforts, she would've told you the truth-

He was constantly speaking and seeing it Cabir nudged him to stop. He pointed at Abhi and Manik sighed seeing his head bend down and tears falling from his eyes.

Manik: You crying isn't going to change the truth, Abhi.

This time Mukti held his hand stopping him and he let out a huge sigh. He knew he will end up saying something or the other things. He already didn't share any good bond with Abhi and now it was just worsening.

Abhi was the only person from Nandini's past whom she never threw out of her life and he didn't want to stain his relation with him.

Shaking his head, he gestured Cabir to console Abhi who nodded.

Cabir: Manik is right, Abhi. The damage is already done. Crying is of no use now. It is better we work on to making things right since we can't change the fact that you people have hurt Nandini a lot in the past.

Abhi nodded hearing him and wiped his face, his heart breaking realizing how he couldn't oppose it.

Manik: Abhi, what happened next? I want to know everything today itself.

Abhi looked at him and than glanced at his wrist watch.

Abhi: It is already nine, Manik. You all must be hungry, so let's eat first.

Everyone except Manik nodded and started walking when he stopped them.

Manik: I don't feel like eating, guys. You continue.