Chapter 35

At some point during the flight, I fell asleep with my head against Tyler's shoulder. He fell asleep too since his head was leaned against mine, but when I wake up, he wakes up. Mikayla is playing a game on her phone.

"The plane will land in about five minutes." The flights attendant says over the speaker.

"I passed out." Tyler laughs, stretching his arms upwards, then resting a hand on my thigh. I cover it with mine, running my fingers between his, getting a smile from him.

"Whatcha playing?" I nosily ask Mikayla, leaning into her.

"It's called none of your god damn business Meghan." She presses the lock button, shoving the phone in the pocket of her shorts.

The flights lands in Toronto a little after six. We gather our stuff, but Tyler stops to take a phone call.

"Yeah, she's got her friend with her, but she can stay at the apartment with us I guess."

....

"Alright, see you when we find you." He hangs up. I give him a puzzled look.

"Who was that?" I ask as he grabs my hand, heading out the front of the building.

"You'll see." He grins. It doesn't dawn on me until I hear my name being called.

"Meghan!" A girl's voice calls. I turn in the direction of the voice and see Cassidy running towards us, arms open wide as she jumps into my arms, practically knocking me over, hugging me tightly.

"Oh my god! Hi, I missed you so much!" I say, kissing the side of her face that is snuggled into my neck as I bend down and continue hugging her.

"I missed you too! Mom and Candace are here too!" She cheerfully says, pointing in the direction she came from. Soon enough, I see Jackie and Candace waving as they walk towards us. Cassidy wraps herself around her older brother as they approach.

"Meghan sweetie!" Jackie squeals as she pulls me into a hug, kissing my cheek.

"Jackie, hi!"

"How have you been? It's been way too long since I've seen you, your wonderful boyfriend didn't let me see you all this time."

"Nice to see you too Mom." Tyler stands behind us, his arm around Cassidy.

"Oh don't worry Tyler, I was getting to you. Just desperately wanted to say hello to my third daughter." She moves along to him, giving him a hug. Candace comes over and hugs me too.

"Missed you." I tell her.

"I've missed you too! It's crazy how much Mom loves you." She laughs.

"I love her." I laugh, turning and watching Jackie and Tyler talk. "This is my best friend Mikayla." I pull on Mikayla's arm, making her stand beside me.

"Hi, I'm Candace, Tyler's sister." Candace smiles.

"Aw nice, is that you guys' little sister?" Mikayla points to Cassidy, her arms still around Tyler as him and Jackie talk.

"Yeah, that's Cassidy. Her and Tyler are pretty close, as you can tell." She laughs, making Mikayla and I laugh.

"Have they always been like that?" I ask.

"Pretty much, I mean, we're all super close, always have been, but Cassidy has always looked up to Tyler more than she has me."

Tyler gives Candace a smile, making her come give him a hug. It warms my heart seeing this, but it makes me miss Tuukka. I haven't spoke to him like we said we would, but he's busy, so I won't disturb him.