Chapter 14

Meghan's POV

"You're looking much better since the last time I saw you Meghan." Stephanie says, sitting down in the chair next to me.

"Yeah, almost all the scratches are gone. My ribs are feeling better too." I smile.

"That's good. Too bad Tyler wasn't here too often spend time with you while you heal."

"I wish he was. I always do. But it's their job. At least they are off for the next three days. Christmas is in two and I didn't get anything for them. Too many hospital and doctor visits to pay for."

"Yeah, Patrice didn't mention anything he wanted so I just got him a couple suits and cologne." She laughs.

"I should get Ty something though. I already got Tuukka a couple things, but I haven't got Ty anything. I don't know what to get him."

"A watch."

"A watch? But why?" I laugh. Tyler and a watch?

"Yeah, he was going to get one for himself, but Patrice told him he'd get him one. You should get it for him."

"Oh yeah, he showed me one he wanted, he sent me a picture." I pull out my phone and open the picture and show it to her.

"There's a store in the mall that carries that. You want to go in before they get back?" She stands up from her seat.

"I guess, at least let me change my shirt." I run upstairs and change out of Tyler's sweatshirt, putting on a navy blue long sleeve shirt and an off white scarf.

"You look comfy and cute." Stephanie says as I walk downstairs.

"Thanks Steph." I laugh and we head out to her car.

"So what's the deal with your car?" She asks, driving down the road.

"More than likely getting a new one. Bigger car at that. Insurance will cover it thank god. Tyler said if they didn't, he'd help me out though, same with Tuuk since he got me the car."

"You've got a good guy, you know that right?" She glances over at me.

"I know. I'm pretty lucky." I smile and look out the window. He really is.

"I'm serious. I've never seen a guy his age care for someone as much as he does you. It's crazy really." She laughs.

"He's definitely an upgrade." I should be convinced at how good Tyler does treat me, but I'm not the type to brag or show off or anything, so I guess I just keep it to myself.

"He is, sweetie. I've heard a lot about your ex, whatever his name is, Connor?"

"Cody." I laugh.

"I knew that." She laughs.

We ride in silence until we pull into the mall.

"Is that Patrice's car?" She stops in her tracks.

Sure enough, I look in the direction of her finger and Patrice's car is parked.

"They must be in here somewhere." I get anxious to go in, just because I miss Tyler.

"Should we call them?" Stephanie asks as we walk to wherever this watch is.

"No don't. Keep it a secret so if we accidentally run into them." I tell her and she grins.

"Sounds like a plan then."

We continue walking.

"Well, look who it is." Patrice comes up behind us, bringing Stephanie into his arms.