Chapter 8

"Happy one month baby." Tyler groans as I get out of bed. Him, Tuukka, and Brad got into the drinks last night and they both stayed the night.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Dad will be here later on. Tyler and Brad will probably end up staying for it. Then it dawns on me what Tyler just said.

One month.

We've been together for one month. It doesn't seem like it's been more than a week. But then again, we have done stuff together that I hope no relationship would do only being together for a week. I'm playing it safe, no sex yet.

"One month." I say, looking over at him as he struggles to untangle himself from the blankets. I laugh and walk over to help him.

"Thanks, fucking blankets." He laughs, standing up and pulling me into him. He places a soft kiss on my lips. I giggle and hold him tight.

"You want to help me make pies today after your practice?" I look up at him.

"Of course I would." He grins and grabs my butt. I jump.

"Ty!" I whine.

"Gets you every time." He laughs, letting go of me and pulling on his pants and tshirt. I put on his sweatshirt and go downstairs.

"You ready man?" Brad asks Tyler as we enter the living room.

"If you guys are."

"Alright, Tuukka's already gone, he had to leave early, so we'll take your truck." He says, grabbing his phone and heading to the front door.

"See you in a bit sweets." Tyler gives me a quick kiss and follows Brad out the door.

Once they are gone, I get everything I need ready to cook the pies. I go back upstairs and take a shower, put on some comfy clothes, a pair of leggings and Tyler's sweatshirt, blow dry my hair and put it up in a messy bun, brush my teeth, put a light amount of makeup, and go back downstairs. I flop myself down on the couch and my phone starts going off. It's my aunt, Katie.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Meg, I've got your father, we'll be there in a few minutes. anything you need at the store?"

"Let me check, I think I've got everything for the pies, Ty and I went shopping for it yester-"

"Ty?" Her voice confused. I have yet to tell my father and aunts that I am back in a relationship. I haven't talked to either of them in over a month. I've never had to do this before, what the hell am I supposed to say?

"Uh yeah, I'll explain when you get here. And no we don't need anything, see you when you get here, bye!" I hang up quickly because I know she would start to talk about it. I relax back down on the couch for another ten minutes before the doorbell goes off. I get up and open it and there is my father and aunt.

"Dad! Aunt Katie!" I say as they hug me tightly.

"Seems like it has been forever since I've seen you little one." My dad says. I hate it when he calls me 'little one'. I'm nineteen years old, not four anymore.

"Yeah, come in, Tuukka is at practice but he'll be home in half an hour or so." They walk in and over in the kitchen, setting their bags down.

"Gosh, every time I come down here, I'm always so fascinated by this house." My aunt says, walking around.

"Yeah, I love it here." I say. I truly do though.

"Not as much as back home right?" Dad laughs.

"Eh, I don't know."

"Do you miss home at all?" Dad's face and voice has concern in it.

"Of course I do, but I do love it down here in Boston, you know that."