Chapter 4

My alarm goes off at it's typical school morning time, 7:00.

As soon as I sit up, I feel nauseous. I can't miss too much school, not when it just started a couple weeks ago.

I get out of bed, hoping it will go away, but I find myself rushing to the toilet.

"Uh, sis, are you getting up?" I hear Tuukka ask outside my bedroom door.

"I'm staying home." I call before getting sick again.

"Are you okay?" I hear him come inside, now standing in the bathroom doorway.

"Sick." I say, trying to stand up, but I sit right down on the floor because I'm so lightheaded.

"Damn sis, you look terrible."

"Gee, thanks Tuuk." I laugh, but it doesn't help my stomach any. I haven't felt like this in forever, and I don't miss it one bit.

"You're paler than a ghost. Let me check your temperature and give you some medicine." He rushes out of the room.

A few minutes, he returns with a thermometer and a bottle of medicine.

"Tuuk, I can keep care of myself, I'm 19." I look up at him, but he's too busy messing with the thermometer.

"Here, let me see your ear." He says, moving the hair away from my ear to put the thermometer in.

"Ow Tuukka!" He pushes it in too far.

"Sorry." He laughs. After a few seconds, there is a little beep and he pulls it out.

"You don't have a fever, but just get some rest and take some medicine. I'm leaving in a few, Brad, Tyler and I are going to the early optional skate together so call me if you need anything." He helps me up and into my bed before walking out of the room.

I fall asleep shortly after taking the medicine.

.....

I wake up around 1 in the afternoon. I can hear voices downstairs, must be the guys.

I sit up and I'm not nauseous this time, but I'm not taking my chances. I reach the bathroom and decide on taking a shower. I get in and get clean and get out quickly.

I run out into my closet and grab a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. I go back in the bathroom, brush out my hair, brush my teeth, and call it good.

"There's the germ!" Brad calls as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Nice to see you too Brad." I walk over to the kitchen where Brad, Tuukka, and Tyler are sitting at the island.

"Always is, I'm your favorite person, other than Tyler of course." He winks.

They must have told him. It makes me laugh anyways.

"How are you feeling?" Tyler looks up at me with a concerned look on his face.

"Much better." I smile and I see the concern disappear.

He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him so that I'm now standing between his legs with his arms around me.

"So he ditched Hayley for you?" Brad turns to face us.

"Damn straight." Tyler answers.

"I tried, but I guess Tuukka gets the points for this couple." He turns to Tuukka, who is now laughing.

"I'm going to go sit down." I whisper to Tyler.

He lets go of me, letting me go sit down on the couch. Tuukka and Brad are carrying on a conversation. Tyler follows me into the living room and sits down on the couch beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.