Chapter 31

There's not a single player left that isn't upset about what just happened. Looking down to the bench, the upset and shock is so clear. Not even just the players on the bench, everyone in the crowd, the stands, everyone who is a Bruins fan in this building is in great upset and shock as to what just happened. What just happened is the Bruins lost to the Capitals, game seven, in overtime.

I was still on the high when Tyler tied it up in the second, but that crushing goal by Cam Ward in OT quickly ended it. The race was over, just like that, first round of the playoffs. Tuukka and I both made our way down to the locker room to meet with the team.

The room was silent, no one spoke, no one made really even any eye contact. They just untied their skates and took their gear. Occasionally, one of them would look up and wipe their nose and eyes of the tears. It broke my heart seeing them all like this, I could feel a lump in my throat come and tears break.

"I'm so sorry guys." Thomas sits in his stall, face in hands.

"It's not your fault Timmy, it's no body's. That was a good play and goal, that's all." Kelly responds.

"This year just wasn't ours, doesn't mean next year won't. We will come back harder, we will come back stronger and even more determined." Patrice stands up, looking at every player as they pick their heads up.

"Segs, if it wasn't for you, it could've been much harder seeing them win by one, a one goal win and shutout in regulation." Lucic says.

"It's not that goal that matters," Tyler says, looking down at the floor, "we worked hard, that's all that matters."

Coach comes in and talks with the team, as well as the team talking amongst themselves, bro hugging one another and all.

"Do you need any help?" I ask Tyler as all the players begin to leave, standing up from his lap.

"Nah, we're all coming back for our stuff." He shrugs, grabbing my hand as we head out of the locker room. I can tell by the look on his face and we walk he's sad, but then again I am too. It's hard seeing the team you love lose like that, in a situation like this. Being close to this team like I am doesn't mean any loss or anything has a different impact on you then a fan in the stands or a fan watching from home, it's all the same, whether your a family member of a player, a wife or girlfriend, a friend, anything.

The ride home is quiet, only Tyler resting his hand over mine and removing it occasionally to turn the wheel. When we get home, he goes straight to the bedroom, quietly, returning in just a t-shirt and boxers.

"You guys have next season Tyler." I approach him as he leans against the counter in the kitchen.

"Just sucks, this is the first time for me." He places his hands on my hips, bringing me to him. I wrap my arms around his torso, squeezing him as he puts his forehead against mine.

"I know, I've been through the playoffs with this team, I know." I peck his lips and let go of him.

"I think I'm going to bed, you coming?" He scratches the back of his neck, standing there looking over at me.

"I'm not that tired, I'll be in later." I look at him as he sighs, making it clear he wants me to come with him, then he does his pout.

"Please? I'm not going straight to bed, I'm going to watch tv."

"Fine, but let me take a bath first, okay?" I smile.

"Alright." He grins, going into the bedroom. I shut the lights off and follow him in, shutting the door behind. He crawls into bed, making himself comfortable, turning on the tv. I go into the bathroom and start the bath. I retrieve my night clothes, Tyler's worn t-shirt and the usual athletic shorts with a clean pair of panties. Leaving the door to the bathroom open, I strip of my clothes and climb into the warm and very relaxing water. Tyler laughs from the bed at whatever he is watching. It's good to see him laugh, after this post game loss depression he had going on, it's normal.