Chapter 33

We pull into where Mikayla's cousin's friend, Mark, lives apparently or something. My nerves sky rocket as Mikayla shuts the car off and gets out. Of course, we're twenty minutes late.

"You all good?" She asks me as I make my way up to her before going inside.

"I think so." I say.

"Just remember, we're here for-"

"We're here for a good time, yes." I cut her off, making her smile.

"That's my girl." She slaps my arm. We head inside and music fills the house. Most of the people are towards the back, where I'm assuming there's a deck that leads out to the beach.

"Look who decided to show up, late as usual." A guy approaches us, arm extended, bringing Mikayla into a hug.

"Fuck you. Mark, this is my best friend Meghan and Meghan, this is Mark." Mikayla says, introducing us. Mark sticks his hand out, grabbing mine and shaking it.

"Pleasure to meet you beautiful." He says.

"Um, thank you." I say, pulling my hand away. Mark takes off, joining a crowd.

"He's like that with everyone, don't think he's hitting on you." Mikayla whispers to me, pouring us a drink.

"Alright, thanks." I say, taking the drink from her hand. Oh how I wish Tyler was here, I feel so out of place and so guilty for not letting him know I'm going to a party. I feel the need to text him now before taking a sip of my drink, but I remember what Mikayla keeps repeating to me, so I decide against it. Taking a big sip of whatever she mixed, it feels good with a sting.

"Atta girl!" Mikayla pats my back, a smile spread across her face. I smile and take some more, hoping to have all the guilt thoughts of Tyler disappear. I finish off my drink quickly, before Mikayla is done with hers. After just that one drink, I can feel myself loosening up.

"Hey you, shots?" A guy slides his hand across my shoulder blades, making me turn to face him. He's wearing sunglasses, a baseball cap backwards on his head, loose blonde curls peeking out the bottom.

"Sure." I answer, looking over at Mikayla who has taken interest in talking to a group of guys, Mark being one of them. The guy walks us over to a table, a couple more guys are already there.

"We got a taker." The guy who brought me over says, removing his sunglasses and I quickly recognize him.

"Whoa, you're Patrick Kane." I take a step to the side, looking at him.

"Yeah, that would be me." He grins, turning his attention back to the guy filling the shot glasses. I don't recognize him, but I recognize the one standing next to him. It's Jonathan Toews. He smiles, nodding his head at me.

"You ready champs?" The guy pushes the glasses to us. Patrick lifts two up, giving one to me and I hold it in front of me.

"You ready?" Patrick grins. I nod as the guys count down and we both tip our heads back, slipping the stinging alcohol down my throat. I reach for the other glass and down in fast.

"She's not fucking around." The guys laughs, making me laugh.

"She's probably learned from the best." A guy says, turning my attention towards him.

"Who's that?" Patrick asks, stepping closer to me, but I don't back away.

"That's T-Segs girl." He says.

"You're kidding?" Patrick laughs, looking me up and down.

"Nope, well, at least I'm pretty sure she is, looks just like her."