Chapter 18

Tyler groans in his sleep practically all night. I check my phone, it's only 6:30, but I have heard enough.

I try to get out of bed, but Tyler's arm is tightly wrapped around me. I manage to get out without waking him.

Him and the other two got pretty hammered last night, so he's sleeping pretty deep. I quietly go downstairs, and Tuukka is sitting quietly at the island.

"Morning Tuuk." I walk past him and stand across from him.

"Morning." He mumbles, not ever looking up from the island top.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He looks up and smiles slightly.

I know that look on his face, something's bothering him.

"Tuukka." I look at him, anticipating the right answer.

"What? It's nothing. Just thinking, that's all." He laughs.

"Then what were you thinking about?" I walk around and sit next to him.

"Do you ever wish we could just rewind and go back to before I was in the NHL?" As soon as he asks that, I look at him as if he has four heads.

"You can't be serious?" I ask in complete shock.

"I am, I don't know, just nevermind." He stands up to go, but I grab his arm, sitting him back down.

"Tuuk, I miss those days, but if you were never to have gone to the NHL, we wouldn't be here. You would be just another hockey player in the world. Plus, this whole experience has brought you and I closer then ever before, and we've always been close. I couldn't wish for anything better. You've met your best friends here. You've helped me meet Tyler, maybe even one day you'll be the Bruins number one goalie!" Just as soon as I finish, he brings me into a tight hug.

"I love you sis."

"I love you too Tuuk." The door to the basement opens.

"Am I interrupting a brother sister bonding time?" Brad asks, stopping in his tracks.

"No." Tuukka laughs.

"Alright, where's the loser?" I glare over at him.

"Standing right there." I point to him.

He dramatically drops his jaw and covers his mouth. I laugh at how pathetic he is.

"How rude." He walks off.

I hear movement upstairs and shortly after, my bedroom door opens and Tyler comes walking out. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. His eyes are still sleepy.

"Merry Christmas." I say before kissing him. He lazily kisses me back.

"Merry Christmas sunshine." Tuukka laughs, sipping on his coffee.

"Merry Christmas." Tyler sits down at the island.

I stand behind him and hug him from behind, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Ah, there he is!" Brad cheers as he walks back into the kitchen. Tyler all of a sudden starts laughing hysterically.

"What are you laughing at?" I ask him, but he just keeps laughing. I look over at Tuukka.

"Dude, you happy to see me or something?" Tyler asks Brad through his laughs.

I instantly look at Brad, who is looking down, and his face is beat red. That's all it takes for me to realize it and I am out of there. Tuukka joins in with Tyler.