Chapter 25

"So, is Tyler doing anything special tonight?" Stephanie nudges my arm as we sit on the couch and watch her soap opera.

Today is Valentine's Day, something I've never been big on, even when I was with Cody.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Well, did he tell you anything?" Her voice is full of desperation for me to give her an answer.

I laugh. "Steph, he didn't tell me anything. Not that I even care."

But in a way, I kind of do.

There's a clear difference between the high school relationship I had with Cody then the serious one I have with Tyler. Now, Valentine's Day kind of has a meaning to it.

"Well, maybe Patrice will talk him into something. Maybe you guys can come out with us."

"What are you guys doing?" I pick at my nails.

"Going out for dinner, then god knows what it will lead to." She laughs.

"You can shut up now."

"God Meghan, we've been together for a few years now, I think it's alright for me to have sex with him on Valentine's Day or whenever. I'm sure you and Tyler will."

"Oh my god." I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. To break the awkwardness, the guys all come walking through the door.

"Hello ladies." Patrice walks over, bending over and giving Stephanie a kiss. Tyler, Brad, and Tuukka are in a conversation so I don't interrupt by saying anything as I walk over and wrap my arms around Tyler's side.

"Hi baby." Tyler pushes my hair back, kissing the top of my head. I look up and smile, resting my head on his shoulder.

"You girls going to the game tonight?" Brad looks up from his phone.

"Why wouldn't we?" Stephanie answers, her and Patrice joining us all in the kitchen of their apartment.

"Well, couldn't think if anything else to say." He shrugs. I laugh at how dumb he is.

"I'll be on the bench with you lovely guys." I say.

"Shit, I always forget you're interning." Patrice sits at a stool, bringing Stephanie on his lap.

"Well, since everyone is here, I have something to say." Tuukka slaps his hands on his sides, getting everyone's attention.

"You're getting married." Tyler jokes, at least I hope.

"Dude, I don't even have a girlfriend." Tuukka laughs.

"Forever alone." Brad mumbles, but Tuukka hears and punches him in the arm. "Alright, that's sensitive topic for Mr. Rask." He rubs his arm.

"As I was saying, before being rudely interrupted, I'm selling the house." As the words fall from his mouth, I choke on air.

"What?!" I gasp.

"It's too much, I always just wanted an apartment. And besides, Aunt Tia is buying it, her and her fiancé are at least."

"Wait, Aunt Tia and Chad are engaged? Why am I the last to know about everything?"

I'm a little upset by this news, but mostly about the house. I love that house, and it's not too much, there's now four of us in it.

"Oh yeah, she was planning on telling you soon. But no, they're moving out of their apartment and I offered them a fair price on the house."

"But Tuuk." I sigh.

"That way we can all have our own places, Brad and I agreed on moving in together then you and Tyler obviously."