ch.18

Ozpin POV

Ironwood- The people of Vale need someone to protect them someone who would act. When they look at the sky and see my fleet they feel safe and our enemies will feel our strength.

Qrow- *Laughs* You think they're scared of your little ships? I been out there and I've seen the things she's made and let me tell you they are fear.

Ozpin- And fear will bring the grimm. A guardian is a symbol of comfort, but an army is a symbol of conflict. There's an energy in the air now, a question in the back of everyone's mind if this is the size of our defences, what is it we're expecting to fight?

Ironwood- *sighs* So then, what would you suggest we do?

Ozpin- I suggest we find our guardian. Oh and James you have my permission to take (Y/n).

Ironwood- Thank you Ozpin.

Timeskip

(Y/n) looking down at him with his arms crossed.

Ironwood- Um you uh don't you dar-

(Y/n) punch him in the throat, Ironwood got on his knees trying to breathe. Ironwood had his arm out to lean on, (Y/n) step on his arm and broke it then he did to the other but noticed that his arm was robotic so he step on his head for a second and ripped his robotic arm off and starts beating him with it. After awhile he grabbed him by his neck picked him up and carried him through the wreckage of what he did to his men that were lying everywhere on the ground with their bodies being twisted or ripped apart or snap in two and stepping on some of them while heading to Ozpin's office. The elevator open and (Y/n) went in and waited.

Ironwood- *struggling* (Y/n) lis- listen to me thisforyourowngo-aaaagh!

(Y/n) squeeze his neck harder, the elevator doors open he walk to see Ozpin and other people were with him. They saw him carrying a bleeding and bruised up Ironwood.

Pyrrha- (Y/n)!?

Ozpin- Hello (Y/n) I uh I see you have James in your hand.

Ironwood- Help...me!

Qrow- I say you kinda deserve it.

Glynda- Put him down!

(Y/n)- *Growls*

Ozpin- Everybody calm down.

(Y/n)- *Growls louder* 

Ironwood- I.....can't.....breathe!

(Y/n) punch him in the balls Ironwood made a squeal noise.

Ozpin- If you two please follow us.

Everyone followed Ozpin to the elevator and went inside while (Y/n) is still choking Ironwood.

Pyrrha- Where are we going?

Ozpin- The vault under the school.

the elevator hit the final floor. Everyone got out and started walking.

Glynda- I'm sure you must have questions.

Pyrrha- Maybe one or two. I still don't understand you said I was next in line to receive the maiden's power. What do you mean by that?

Glynda- The maidens have existed for thousands of years but, much like in nature, the seasons change no two summers are alike. When a maiden dies, her power leaves her body and seeks out a new host.

Pyrrha- So how does the power choose?

Qrow- Through a series of stupid and convoluted rules.

Glynda- Qrow.

Qrow- Hey don't get mad cause I'm right.

(Y/n)- *Growls*

Ironwood- arggh

(Y/n) bitch slapped him to shut up.

Glynda- At first the only thing that was certain was that the powers were specifically passed onto young women. As time went on it was discovered that the selection process was much more intimate.

Pyrrha- Intimate?

Glynda- When a maiden dies the one who was in her final thoughts is the first candidate to inherit her power.

Qrow- Unless it's a dude or some old hag then the power goes to someone random and our jobs get a lot harder.

Pyrrha- Why tell me now? Why not wait until I've graduate?

Qrow- Honestly we've run out of time if you didn't noticed but things are getting a lot scarier out in the world tension are high. Grimm are growing stronger, more prevalent and it's not gonna much longer before this peace we've all been enjoying so much goes out the window.

I was listening to what they were saying til we stop in front of a maiden.

Pyrrha- Is that?

Ozpin- The current fall maiden Amber.

Pyrrha- She's still alive.

Qrow- Someone's not going to be in a few seconds.

I forgot that I was still choking Ironwood, I looked at his face he was about to pass out. I started squeezing harder til his eyes were closed then I dropped him.

Glynda- Is he?

Qrow- He's fine.

Qrow stomped on Ironwood's nuts to make sure he was still alive

Ironwood- *screams*

Qrow- See still alive.

Ironwood sit up only for me to sucker punch him hard in the face for him to be knocked out.

Ozpin- Did you seriously have to go and do that?

I stare at him while lifting my foot and aim it at Ironwood's head ready to crush it.

Ozpin- Okay okay maybe you did, just don't do that.

I lower my foot down and listen to what they had to say about the maiden

Pyrrha- I'll do it. If you believe this will help humanity then I will become your Fall maiden.

Everyone stared at her

Pyrrha- That's what you wanted isn't it?

Ozpin- It is but I'm afraid it's not that simple given Amber's condition you won't be able to inherit her power naturally.

I grew tired of listening to them and started walking back to the elevator and waited for it to open. The elevator open I went in and looked at the others walking towards the elevator. I hurried up and push the button to close it on their faces.

Glynda- Rude.

Qrow- I don't blame him.

Pyrrha- What did you do to make him angry?

They look back at Ironwood who was still out on the floor

Qrow- Ask him or him *points to Ozpin*

End of chapter