Chapter 27

[Colette's POV]

I smiled as I read Alli's tweet:

@AlliTrippy getting out of the NICU today! So proud of my babies!

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "Shay?" I asked. He rushed in, vlogging. "What is it babe?" He questioned. "I think the baby is coming." I said. "DID YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? MOMMYTARD IS GONNA PUSH A HUMAN CHILD OUT OF HER TODAY!" Shay shouted. I laughed. Fortunately, we had booked Ceciley for today in preparation. Shay and I left for the hospital. Shay kept making funny puns and joking around to keep the mood light and keep me from panicking. I loved him so much. We got checked into the hospital room and settled in. After about four hours of movie-watching and Shay twerking and doing other silly and sometimes inappropriate things to entertain me and distract me from the pain and contractions, Shay's face turned from excited and happy to thoughtful and slightly confused. "Babe...I just realized that we can't name our baby Shailene." He said. "Why not?" I asked. We had already agreed on a name! "Because our daughters nick name, Shai, would be the same thing as my name, and that's just really weird..." He laughed. "How about...Veronica?" I asked. "That's perfect!" Shay exclaimed. He turned on the camera and explained about the name change thing, and while he was vlogging my contractions were getting closer together and more intense and painful. A doctor came to check on me and said that I was 10 cm dilated and 100% effaced. "Ready to push?" The doctor asked me. I nodded. "Okay...1...2...3...PUSH!" She said. I pushed and took deep breaths. It was a lot more painful without and epidural, but I knew I could do this naturally. "1...2...3...PUSH!" The doctor said again. I pushed harder and tried to ignore the pain and focus on my baby girl. "I see the head! One more push, Colette!" The doctor exclaimed, "1...2...3...PUSH!" I pushed as hard and as long as I could until I heard crying. They placed Veronica on my chest and I smiled with joy.

Veronica Rose Bulter, born 9:44 PM, December 25th, 2014. Tard name: Rosetard.