Chapter 8

[Charles' POV]

The hospital people took Gavin away and I sat down in the waiting room, with the ShayTards minus Gavin and Alli. Nobody talked. This was the first time I'd been in a hospital and it wasn't for myself in a long time. I stood up and began walking down the stairs. Alli followed me. "Where are you going baby?" She asked, hurrying after me. I just shook my head. Something wasn't right. I hadn't realized I said it out loud until Alli asked "What's not right?" I shook my head again and stepped down. I grabbed at the railing and came crashing down onto the stairs.

[Alli's POV]

"Something's not right." Charles said, shaking his head. "What's not right?" I asked. He shook his head again. He grabbed at the railing and came crashing down onto the stairs. He began having a seizure. By coincidence, some doctors were walking by. They quickly began helping Charles. I explained to them that we were here for Gavin and that Charles had brain cancer that caused him to have seizures. Soon Charles stopped seizing and some people took him somewhere. I tried to ask them where they were taking him but nobody answered me. Tears streamed down my face as I ran up the stairs to Shay and Colette. "Charles...seizure..." I said to them tween cries. "It's okay Alli." Colette said to me. I cried into her shoulder. Why does this have to happen, now of all times? I thought. Gavin had already broken his arm, now Charles has to have a seizure?

May 27th, 2014, 7:00 PM

[Charles' POV]

I sat in the hospital bed. I had already done scans to see if the tumor was growing back, and it wasn't. I saw that there was a cast on my arm. "What the heck?" I asked to nobody. "Mr. Trippy, you fractured your wrist when you fell." A doctor said. "You now have a cast, Mr. Trippy, but we will be able to get you a waterproof one soon." The doctor said. Alli came into the room. "Hi baby." She said quietly. She had tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry!" I sputtered, crying. "Shh, baby it's okay it wasn't your fault, you can't stop the seizures." She told me. I nodded and wiped my eyes. "You broke your right wrist, thank god you can still vlog, write and play bass." She said. "You'll need the cast for six weeks." She told me. "Stupid fucking cancer, you fuck up my whole life!" I shouted. "Five years with two surgeries, seven-no eight seizures, the left side of my body messed up, chemotherapy that makes it so I can't do anything, haven't you fucked with me enough brain slug!" I shouted. "Charles..." Alli began. "Remember, god gives his hardest battles to his strongest warriors." Even though we're not religious, that quote has helped me tremendously through all of this shit. "Alli turn the camera on." I said. She turned the camera on and pointed it at me. "Hey guys, I just had another seizure. Boo! But since we were in the hospital for Gavin anyway, it's okay, we got help really soon. The bad news, well I guess this is all bad news, so more bad news, I broke my wrist when I fell. I said, holding up my red cast. "I will be getting a waterproof one soon. I said. "Thank you so much for the support you guys!" I smiled. I decided to go see Gavin. I, IV pole, hospital gown and all (I must have looked hilarious) began to walk down the hall, only to see that Gavin's room, room 230, was right next to mine. Cool. I opened up the door to see Gavin listening to music. "What'cha listening to?" I asked playfully. He pulled his earbuds out and said "We The Kings, just keep breathing." I smiled. "I'm sorry about your arm." I told him. "I'm sorry about yours." He replied. "I heard that you have to get surgery." I said, sitting down on a chair. "Yeah." He replied. "Are you scared?" I asked. He nodded. "It's not that bad," I assured him. "I've been put under tons of times, and it feels like you've been asleep for a second, when you've really been asleep for an hour." This seemed to perk him up. "All the doctors and nurses are really nice." I told him. We kept on talking for awhile until Shay came in and told him to go I sleep, and Alli came in and told me to go to sleep. I went back to my room and laid down on the bed. Someone brought in a cot thingy for Alli to sleep on. She got on the cot thingy and pulled the white blanket over her. I put on "Fix You" by Coldplay, our wedding song, and we fell asleep reminiscing about all the memories we had together.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

Tears stream down your face

And I...

Tears stream down your face

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

Tears stream down your face

And I...

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you