Lovebug (Ohlm x Orchid)

Ohlm never admitted it but he disliked how Otis seemed to have a better relationship with HIS partner than he did himself. He disliked how much time Otis spent with Orchid when he helped them avoid being kicked out of the squad. With his confusing personality, it made sense why nobody caught that and was aware of his feelings for Orchid except himself.

As he went to his desk, he noticed Otis and Orchid talking from a distance. As they spoke he saw a sparkle in her eyes as she spoke to him. One he never saw when he spoke with her. Ohlm realized that his partner had a crush on the blonde. He didn't think it, he KNEW it.

Since today was Valentine's Day, he decided to make a card for Orchid. He couldn't keep his feelings a secret any longer unless he wanted to give Orchid's feelings for Otis time to grow even more.

When he finished writing it, he placed a pumpkin-shaped lollipop (he's confusing remember) on the front of the card, keeping it in place with some tape.

When Orchid was out of sight, he walks over to her desk, placing the card there.

A few minutes later, Orchid skipped to her desk, with her usual la-la-la-la singing. She stops singing as she takes notice of a card in her desk. She picks it up before opening it.

I like how sassy you are
You shine brighter than a star
Every inch of you is perfect
I never met anyone like you
You're a really pretty girl
And I hope you feel the same way too

Love, Otis

PS- Happy Halloween

Orchid smiled and held the card against her chest.

"Love you too Sherman." She softly said before giving the card a smooch.

Ohlm smiled.

She liked it! Maybe there is some hope for him.

He stealthily followed Orchid to where she was going, making sure to not make any noise.

He noticed that she was going to Otis' desk.

"That was so sweet Sherman." Orchid beamed as sprang to Otis' arms.

Otis almost fell off his chair, not expecting the hug.

He held her waist to stop her from falling.

"Orchid what are you talking about?" Otis asked, softly pulling away from the hug.

"The card." She answered.

Oh no

Ohlm realized.

He wrote Otis instead of his name.

"But... I didn't write that for you." Otis said as Orchid handed him the card.

"Don't be shy. It has your name. It's too late to deny it." She said and kissed him on his cheek.

Ohlm couldn't take it anymore. Even if Orchid knew it was him who wrote it that wouldn't change her feelings for Otis... she was crazy for him.

His eyes watered a little but he wiped his eyes as he watched his crush kiss another guy.

Just as he thought his heart was already broken enough, Orchid kissed Otis on his lips.

Ohlm couldn't take it anymore, his heartbreak won.

Tears rolled on his face. He ran away. He ran so fast that he didn't realized where he was going. He accidentally hit his head on a wall he ran into. Orchid heard the crash.

She saw her partner on the floor, his forehead bleeding.

"Ohlm?" Orchid asked.

Tears formed in her eyes, for the 1st time. She has never cried over anybody.

"Ohlm speak to me!!" She yelled, violently shaking him.

She took him to Dr O and he stayed unconscious for a while.

When he woke up, Ohlm felt Dr O place an icepack on his forehead. He fluttered his eyes open.

"His forehead has a small cut but it'll get better. He also has a black eye but it should be gone by tomorrow. Make sure he uses ice packets often." Dr O told Orchid.

Dr O walked away to help another patient.

"What happened?" Ohlm cluelessly asked.

"I heard a loud crash so I ran to see what happened. You were on the floor. You were bleeding so much but luckily you're alright. Are you OK?"

This seemed nothing like Orchid. She wasn't being sassy or anything.

"No." Ohlm answered.

"I have to tell you that it wasn't Otis who wrote the card... it was me.... I know you like Otis but I just wanted to tell you the truth."

"I know." She said with a smile.

"You... you what?" Ohlm asked, confused.

"I know." Orchid repeated, with a bigger smile.

"But...but how?"

"Otis gave me the actual card he meant to give to me and I realized that it said 'Happy Halloween', only you would write something like that."

Ohlm looked away from Orchid. Her beautiful green eyes caused his skin to flush.

"I didn't know you were such a great poet." Orchid said, placing her hand on his.

He blushed, which Orchid found adorable.

"Thanks.. Ow." Ohlm groaned placing his hand on his forehead.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It just hurts a litte." Ohlm lied.

Orchid knew her partner long enough to know he was lying. She couldn't help but feel guilty. Her poor partner must've suffered a lot seeing his crush believe his card was from some other guy.

She felt guilt, something she doesn't really feel for stuff she does.

"I'm sorry if I broke your heart." Orchid softly said.

Before Ohlm could say anything, she rush to the fridge in Dr O's office and grabbed a packet of ice.

She gently placed it on his head.

"You-you don't need to apologize. It's not your fault that you like Otis. You can like whoever you want." Ohlm mumbled, trying to ignore the ache saying those words gave him.

After discovering who actually wrote the beautiful poem those feelings she felt towards Otis faded away.  Realizing how scared she was seeing Ohlm laying on the floor unconscious and bleeding made her realize Ohlm meant more to her than Otis. Also that card he gave her was the nicest thing anybody has ever given to her before.

"Wait one sec." Orchid said before she ran off.

When she came back, she brought a bag with her.

"What's that?" Ohlm asked.

"Just somethin' I'd like to share." She said.

The bag was filled with candy she got for Valentine's Day.

"Thanks." Ohlm said as he reached for a chocolate bar.

Orchid grabbed for the same bar.

They blushed as they touched hands.

"Sorry." Both said.

"You can have it." Ohlm said.

"No it's fine, you can have it." Orchid said smiling.

"Is Orchid okay?" Oona asked Dr O indistinctly, noticing Orchid's rather nice behavior.

"She's never usually that nice."

"I'm afraid she has a case of .....the love bug." Dr O joked.

Both laughed.