Clash pt deux

A/N

I know It's been a while since I wrote the first part. You're probably thinking, "You really decided to make a part 2 after so long?!" Yup. I never thought I'd be making a part 2 to this chapter but the idea just popped into my head. Sooooo if anyone still reads this, here's an update! Hope you enjoy! :)

1 week later.

It's been a few days since Olympia and I have worked with Olive and Otto. It seems like everything has been fine with them, at least as fine as Odd Squad could get, since we haven't heard from them in a while.

By now I should've forgotten everything that happened between Otto and I, but that wasn't the case. I couldn't stop thinking of the words that were exchanged that day. The kiss. We kissed.

Despite the fact we were both boys, that kiss made me feel things that I always thought a girl would make me feel when I met the right one.

I wonder if it did the same for Otto?

I know it's ridiculous but sometimes I can't help but have a tiny ounce of hope each time Ms O calls us for a case. Hoping that one of these days I see Otto in her office.

It's ridiculous, I know.

But I wonder if he'll ever come back and talk about what happened between us that day.

"Heya Otis." My partner's cheerful voice interrupts me from my thoughts, and I'm sure glad they do.

"You're here early.. as always."

She has a paper bag in her hand, putting it down on her desk as she sits on her chair.

"What's that?" I ask dryly.

She smiles as she takes out whatever it is from the bag, revealing 2 hotdogs.

"Well, I know how much you love hotdogs so I got some hotdogs for the both of us."

"Oh." I take one of the hotdogs.

"Thanks."

She just nods, but something tells me that she knows that something is going on.

"Olympia! Otis! In my office!" I hear Ms O call.

I let out a soft sigh, but get up and follow Olympia upstairs.

"What seems to be the problem, Ms O?" My partner asks in her bubbly voice as always.

We are both surprised when we realized that Olive is in her office.

"Oh my goddddd!" Olympia's squeal hurts my ears.

"Hello Olympia." Olive greets with her signature nod. "Hello Otis."

I just nod back.

That fluttery feeling in my stomach comes back when I realize what this means.

If Olive is here.. that means...

"And Otto?" Luckily Olympia asks what I'm wondering.

"Yeahhh about Otto. It's his birthday today." Ms O began.

"Oh my gosh, really?!" Olympia bubbled.

"And since you two helped us save our headquarters, I wanted to personally invite you to a party we're throwing for him. Do you want to co-"

"Yes, yes, yes!" My partner is quick to respond to Olive's question. I can tell it's taking every bit of self-control for my partner to keep her composure.

I guess I can say the same for myself because the idea of seeing Otto again after weeks is making me nervous.

"Sure." I say. I hope the nervousness I'm feeling inside right now isn't showing on the outside as well.