Chapter Nineteen

The reaction to Wolf being alive went a bit better than I expected. I was expecting everyone to start screaming and cause a commotion, but everyone was just speechless and confused. Journey appeared to be expectant of it all. "I knew it was him," she whispered. "I could tell because of those cold, beady fucking creepy ass eyes."

If I never had seen Journey mad, I had now. She was more angry then she was creeped out. Her face was turning a shade of red, and her eyebrows were furrowed. "Fuck, so that was Jackson's body in the basement," Cortez was the first one to question.

"It had to be. I thought something was weird about so called Jackson tonight," Gunner admitted. "I could tell by the voice and the fucking walk. Jackson always walked with a limp, and he didn't tonight."

"Why the fuck would he kill his brother? I'm sorry, but you guys are going to have to explain this to a sister because I'm confused as fuck," Gaia said.

After Bash reexplained his thoughts on what was going on, Gaia still seemed a bit confused. "So, he killed his brother over a chick's vagina? There's tons of vaginas in the fucking world. Why start mayhem because you couldn't fucking get in one?"

"We're talking about Wolf here. He's always been a tad bit off. I'm not even surprised by this. He tried to drown his cousin when he was 10. At 13, he was bullying his older brother when it was supposed to be the other way around. His parents never gave him the time of day. Jackson always called him a lunatic, so I don't see why Wolf would restrain from killing his brother. They may have been brothers, but they had no relationship at all. They were like strangers," Cortez explained.

"Still didn't give him a right to off his on brother. He's a sick individual," Ivy said matter-of-factly. "We need to turn him into the police."

"Tomorrow, we will. Trust me," I promised. "After tomorrow, we won't have to worry about Wolf again."

***

Journey |

"Call me as soon as you can," I told Cameron. Everyone spent the night at Bash's place. We spent the day trying not to think about Wolf, we joked around as if nothing was going on. But, in the back of our heads we knew later on we had to face reality.

The plan was for the guys and Cameron to surprise Wolf, get him to admit that he killed his brother and faked his death, beat his ass, and then call the police. It sounded easy, but I was sure something would go wrong. Things never go perfect or the way you expected it.

Cameron advised us girls to go about an hour out of town just to make sure we were out of harms way. She made everything seem so simple. I didn't like the idea of being far away from Cameron when she could get into danger. But, I didn't want to be a burden on her mind. She had enough to think about with the whole Wolf thing.

The boys and Cameron all had guns on them. I didn't even question why or how they got them. At least they had protection. "I'll call you as soon as we get Wolf to the police station, baby." Cameron pulled me into a tight hug that I really needed. I wrapped my arms around her and took in her scent.

"Promise me that you'll be careful," I whispered. Cameron pulled away from the hug so we could look at each other. She rested her hands on my shoulders, and looked down into my eyes.

"I promise. Journey, promise me that you won't be stubborn and hardheaded. Take your friends, go out of town, rent you a nice hotel room, and have fun for the night. The boys and I will meet up with you guys later, I promise. Just fucking listen, please. If you end up getting hurt, I don't know what I'd do." I listened to the sternness in Cameron's voice, and nodded my head.