Chapter Nine

I kept stealing glances at Cameron as she drove. She nodded her head to the explicit rap song that was booming through her speakers. She looked so focused on the road; her brows were slightly furrowed, and her stare was intense. It was adorable, in a way.

I didn't know where we were going next. Cameron could now be taking me back home, or somewhere else. I hoped for the latter. I was enjoying myself with Cameron. I didn't want this date to end anytime soon.

There was a nice vibe between Cameron and I. We matched each other so well, and I felt nothing but comfortable around her. At first, I thought she was a little sketchy, but now I feel that her and I have been talking for years rather than just a few days.

Cameron ended up stopping outside an abandoned building. It was a small building as if it may had once been an office of some sorts. "You trust me right," Cameron asked me, as she put the car in park.

"Yeah," I said as I looked around our surroundings.

Cameron gave me a smile that could make me forget all of my worries. "Follow me, then." We both got out of the car, and I walked so I was standing beside Cameron. She took my hand as she led met through the darkness.

"Watch your step," she advised as she stepped up a couple steps with me behind her. Cameron opened a door to the building. She clapped her hands and the room lit up.

"This place has electricity," I asked as I covered my eyes until I got used to the light. This place seemed like it had stopped having electricity a long time ago. It was rundown, at least from the outside. I hadn't seen the inside yet, because it was fucking blinding me.

"It's some company building that Gunner's granddad used to own. We all chip in to pay the light bill for just this one room like every month." I finally uncovered my eyes, and looked around the room.

"Wow." Graffiti was all over the walls, and not just bullshit graffiti, but actually artistic graffiti. Unique designs, and portraits were on just about every inch of the walls. The room was a nice size, and well lit.

A huge sectional couch sat in front of a small television, and Playstation. There was a refrigerator, and a microwave that sat on an old desk. "So, this is where you hang out at," I asked her.

Cameron nodded. "Me and the boys come here to chill. The Riv is a cool place to hang out when you want to be social with everyone, and maybe get with some girls; but this place is kind of personal. Only friends allowed, you know?"

"So, I'm your friend," I asked as if I was five years old. A huge smile spread across my face as I looked at a laughing Cameron.

"Yes, you're my friend," Cameron admitted. She walked over to the refrigerator, and opened it. "You want a soda?"

"How about a beer?" Cameron gave me a look, but just nodded. She came back to me with a beer and a soda in her hand. She gave me the beer, and kept the sofa for herself.

We took a seat on the comfy couch. I twisted open my beer bottle as Cameron opened her soda. "I have a curfew tonight," Cameron said as if she was 14 years old.

"Aw! The bad girl, Cameron Ramsey has a curfew?! Who knew?" I giggled before taking another sip of my drink.

Cameron chuckled slightly, and looked down at her watch. "Only tonight. I have to be back in an hour or else my mom's gonna take my car. She's dragging Dad and I to church tomorrow."

I laughed at how bummed Cameron looked about going to church tomorrow. "You know, church wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to wake up early, and if you weren't forced to dress your best, and if some people weren't judgmental assholes." Cameron took a sip of her soda. "People always ruin things. We ruin the earth. We ruin other peoples lives. And now we're ruining religions, by analyzing too deep into things with simple ass meanings."