Chapter Sixteen

Journey |

"So, how did it go with you, Cameron, and Wolf last night," Gaia asked me. We were sat in the cafeteria, waiting for Ivy to get her breakfast out of line.

I didn't really want to talk about last night. Things got a bit out of hand. "Cameron didn't come, so it was just Wolf and I." Gaia's jaw dropped. I shrugged, "What?"

"Journey, you just don't go out alone with your girlfriend's ex best friend. Especially not one who fucking stabbed your damn girlfriend! What's wrong with you," Gaia scolded me.

"Can we just drop all subjects Wolf, please?" Ivy walked up in time with her little tray in her hands. "Ew, you're actually going to eat that?" I eyed her food as she sat down beside me. She had two scrawny, burnt french toast sticks on a small tray.

"Hell yeah," Ivy said as if it would be insane not to eat the dish. I grimaced when she took a bite out of the crispy stick. "So, how'd it go with you, and with you, Cam, and the dog boy?"

Gaia giggled at Ivy calling Wolf, the dog boy. "Well, our dumbass best friend went out to eat with just Wolf. Cameron didn't tag along, which I find very understandable." I gave Gaia the middle finger. I didn't need her constantly bashing my decision.

"So, how'd it go," Ivy asked.

"She doesn't want to talk about it."

"Did you do something stupid," Ivy asked as she finished her meal. I looked from Gaia to Ivy. "Holy shit, you did...didn't you?"

"I may have kissed him." Gaia reached over the table and slapped the hell out of me. "What the fuck," I yelled. People around the cafeteria watched this encounter. They quickly pulled out their phones, ready to record whatever was going on.

"I just attempted to knock some sense into your dumbass! Why the hell would you do that to her?!"

"Why are you so worried about my damn relationship?!"

"Whoa, girls," Ivy said in her soft calm voice. Gaia shook her head at me. "You two really need to chill out. We always talk our problems out, not yell about them." She gave a look to Gaia, "And we definitely don't lash out physically."

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just that it's obvious that Cameron cares about you. She's serious about this. You just can't go around kissing people," Gaia whispered to me. The interest we were getting from our classmates died down.

"I know. It was a stupid mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. He's an ass. He tried to go a bit too far last night." Ivy and Gaia gave me a concerned look. "Don't worry. The idiot tried to rape me in a parking lot. An old man got him off me, and threatened to call the police. I don't know, and I could care less where he is now."

Gaia sighed. "Well, I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this." As soon as she said that, an angry Cameron Ramsey strutted into the cafeteria.

"Uh oh," Ivy said as she watch Cameron approach our table.

"We need to talk," Cameron said when she approached the table. The way she was looking at me told me that she knew about last night.

"Good morning to you, too, Cameron," Gaia said jokingly. Ivy giggled as she looked at an irritated Cameron.

Cameron mumbled, "Good morning," to my friends. She then focused her attention on me. I just stared at her, and she raised a brow up at me. "Are you just going to stare at me like a retard or what?"

"We can talk here."

"Are you sure you want to that, Journey? Because I really don't want to fucking air out all of our dirty laundry in front of half the school." I sighed, and slowly stood up.