Chapter Four

We decided to sit outside for lunch again, and of course Cameron and her friends were smoking in the parking lot again. Cameron was blasting loud beats from her car, as the crew let out a boisterous laugh every now and then.

She was pretty interesting. Freshmen year, she moved here, and instantly was trouble. The first day here, she got into a fight with a senior guy, and broke his nose. That's how she gained respect, and gained the friends that she has now.

It was known that she was very smart, but just acted as if she wasn't. I think she enjoyed trouble. She'd do things on purpose to set teachers ablaze. Like, one time she lit a joint in Mr. Matthews class to see how he'd react; of course he didn't react well to it. Then, there was rumor that Judy B. Thomas caught Cameron having sex with the 21 year old English intern, Ms. Roberts; but Cameron paid Judy one hundred bucks to keep quiet.

A lot of rumors about Cameron floated around the school. Most were bad, but not too bad. Nothing was bad enough to make me lose interest in her. "So, what were you and Ramsey giggling about in first period," Otto asked me as he threw a football up in the air and caught it repeatedly.

Gaia's eyes widened when she heard. "You was giggling with Cameron Ramsey? The Cameron Ramsey? The I'll-break-your-collarbone-and-destroy-your-family Cameron Ramsey!"

"Hey! She may have broke someone's collarbone, but she has yet to destroy a family," I defended.

"Oh really? Haven't you heard? Over the summer, she was caught in bed with Geraldine Rogers' mother! Her father walked in on them. Instant divorce," Gaia told me informatively with a mouthful of pizza.

All of this was new information for me. My mouth watered for more juicy gossip. No wonder Geraldine was shading Cameron this morning.

"Hell, you can't get mad at Cameron for that. I'd do the same! Mrs. Rogers is so fucking hot," Bryce added his two cents in. "She's basically a clone of Sandra Bullock. Who would not hit that?"

Otto stopped tossing his football. "Hell yeah! I agree with Bryce! I'd walk a thousand miles butt naked through any type of weather just see one of her nipples."

Bryce howled with laughter, and reached his hand out to give Otto a handshake of agreement. "That's because you guys are pigs just like Cameron, and her friends."

"Cameron's not that bad." Ivy, and Gaia gave me shocked looks. "What? Last night, when you guys abandoned me, Pauly dragged into like the fucking woods, and tried to fuck me. He was drunk, and Cameron basically came to rescue me. Then today, she complimented me on my singing."

"Cameron is capable of giving compliments," Gaia asked in disbelief.

"She's not a complete animal, you know? She's really funny, and charming," I responded softly.

"Dude, sounds like you're in love," Otto said teasingly.

"Looks like Foster has her eyes on the bad girl," Bryce chimed in.

"Oh, I didn't know you were into bad girls, Journey." Gaia raised both of her perfectly arched brows at me, as a smirk appeared on her face. "Now, that I picture it. You guys would be hell of cute!"

"Journey and Cameron sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-"

"What?" My heart dropped in my stomach when I heard the voice. Cameron stood there with a confused look etched on her face. She had removed her leather jacket, so now she was in a white v-neck showing off the small tattoos on her arms. She had a few, but not too many.

"Um, I, um, Ivy was just um..." I stumbled. I was going to kill my fucking friends.

An amused expression played on Cameron's face now. She sat down beside me at the picnic table, and my cheeks flushed. Ivy was trying to hold back giggles, and Gaia kept giving me teasing winks.